Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 72396 times)

Rainer

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »
I admire not only the slow mo shots but also the consistent color grading and the shot where the shoe stays in the image center of the bicycle pedal :-)
Very well done!

ivandan

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2022, 10:48:14 PM »
Damn, nice Production and some impressive Shots from the Chronos in there.
 It Shows that this wasnt shot in an Afternoon...

Give advice please!)
Where can I post a link to a video? We need maximum promotion. I would be very grateful. More people should know about this camera. And that they are NOT worse than phantom flex 4k

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2022, 02:22:13 AM »
I know a bit about Filmmaking, Tech, Optics, Metalworking and some other things but for knowledge about Promotion in the Current Internet Landscape you are absolutely asking the Wrong Person tbh.
 From what i understand your best Chances to get this to a lot of people would be to somehow get it into Youtube´s Reccomended; get some Public Figure with some Amount of Reach to interact with the Video in some meaningful way; or get it shown as an actual Advert somewhere (though it might be a little long as an Ad on YT for Example, if played in Full Length?).
 As far as i can tell, most of those Things either involve Paying a Decent Bit of Money or somehow relating to one of the Internets current new Hyped Topics, whatever that might be at the Time.
 Other than that, if you are not already someone with a large Following on some Social-Media Platform, i guess its fairly hard to get a ton of views except if you get pretty lucky randomly.
 But as i said, i honestly dont have too much of an Idea how this works IRL. There is Plenty People with sometimes quite Sizable Following on Different Platforms scrolling through here, maybe someone who actually knows what he is Talking about from being in that Situation can give better Answers.
 Apart from that, just from Watching that Red Bull Video, i as an Average Viewer who doesnt Care too much but is somewhat impressed by the Visuals, wouldnt really get that this is Shot on the Chronos, or why that would even be a big thing or why that Camera would be any Different that just "any Other Slow-Mo Camera". Awareness in the General Public of what Highspeed-Cameras are, and that Framerate matters, as well as that they are not just all basically the Same slowly gets better from what i see. But still, i doubt an Average Person watching that Video would check out the Description to see which Camera that was shot on. Its Honestly just that well shot and the Color Grading is that consistent here, that it might as well could been shot on any Phantom, so it blends right in, and doesnt Stand out at all.
 Now, some Camera-guys or other Gear-Heads might look for it, but not everyone.
 If you want to specifically promote/ highlight The Camera used, or want them to know how nice it is to work with the Chronos/ what kinds of Results are Possible / How affordable in comparison it is; probably your best bet would be to make a Video specifically on this, and Talk about that.
 Just like plenty of big Projects have some kind of Making-Off or BTS Videos. If you dont have any Footage for that and not even Images, you can still just make one of those Videos where they just sit somewhere and Talk about it. Or maybe plan shooting a Making-Off for your Next Project.
 Thats about as Much Input i can give you here.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
On an other Note, after thinking about it for a little, is this an Actual Paid Production by Red Bull, or did you guys just shoot that on your own for fun?
 Just from looking very briefly, it does not seem to be Published on Their Official Chanel on YT (they seem to have a bunch different ones though, maybe its somewhere i have not seen it?).
 And because it is very much just an Advert for their Product / Brand, it might be best just to get them to Upload it on one of their Chanels.
 They have 10Million Followers, so at least SOME of them Will watch it if the Upload it there i assume.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 05, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
For all the People still having Trouble wrapping their Head around the Shutter-Angle Topic, here is a Shutter of an Bolex L8 Film Camera in Action.
 Working Shutter Angle on that Camera when running at 32fps (which at the Time was Considered Slow Motion) is about 166° Shutter, which was Achieved by a Half Disk literally with whatever desired "Angle of Exposure" Cut out, Spinning around that Visible Rivet between the Lens Mount and the Camera Logo on the Front Plate. Exposing the Film for whatever Fraction of time relating to the Angle Cut out Segment of the Disk.
 As this general Concept of Shutter was very Typical for Cameras of that Time, and Produced a fairly distinct Look (Amount of Motion Blur), this ~180° Shutter Angle became the Standard "cinematic Look" that has been Widely used ever since.
 Lens Mount on that Camera is D-Mount, The Small Brother of the C-Mount we know from the Chronos.
 Shot at 2100fps on the 2.1; 25fps Playback.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-O5Hz9VOY

ivandan

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 01, 2022, 05:39:06 PM »
coming soon  8)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:41:11 PM by ivandan »

weatherproductions

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2022, 09:35:22 AM »

TTBphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »
Some more Dragonflies in flight footage I finally got around to posting. Mostly shot with Chronos 2.1, with some 1.4 shots mixed in.
https://youtu.be/3sEHo-couQE

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2022, 06:33:19 PM »
For all the People still having Trouble wrapping their Head around the Shutter-Angle Topic, here is a Shutter of an Bolex L8 Film Camera in Action.
 Working Shutter Angle on that Camera when running at 32fps (which at the Time was Considered Slow Motion) is about 166° Shutter, which was Achieved by a Half Disk literally with whatever desired "Angle of Exposure" Cut out, Spinning around that Visible Rivet between the Lens Mount and the Camera Logo on the Front Plate. Exposing the Film for whatever Fraction of time relating to the Angle Cut out Segment of the Disk.
 As this general Concept of Shutter was very Typical for Cameras of that Time, and Produced a fairly distinct Look (Amount of Motion Blur), this ~180° Shutter Angle became the Standard "cinematic Look" that has been Widely used ever since.
 Lens Mount on that Camera is D-Mount, The Small Brother of the C-Mount we know from the Chronos.
 Shot at 2100fps on the 2.1; 25fps Playback.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-O5Hz9VOY

Nice shot!

ivandan

• View Profile