Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 129032 times)

clkdiv

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2020, 02:01:47 PM »
Hmmmm, what angles are you thinking about? Any ideas I should have had myself? :-)

The whole thing isn't heavy at all, and most weight is at the cameras side, I think. If you want, I can examine that for you.

I have been to a local dealer who had that lens on stock, taking a Godox 200 with me to test how much light it needs. As supposed it needs tons. I saw Steve Giralt and his clients in a making of clip wearing sunglasses. You will often find yourself wearing sunglasses, if you buy this thing.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2020, 02:16:55 PM »
Hmmmm, what angles are you thinking about? Any ideas I should have had myself? :-)

The whole thing isn't heavy at all, and most weight is at the cameras side, I think. If you want, I can examine that for you.

I have been to a local dealer who had that lens on stock, taking a Godox 200 with me to test how much light it needs. As supposed it needs tons. I saw Steve Giralt and his clients in a making of clip wearing sunglasses. You will often find yourself wearing sunglasses, if you buy this thing.
ok, i like really bright lights, but so far never found myself wearing Sunglasses because of lighting, so THATS BRIGHT!
 Thanks for the info on the weight, wouldnt need any further info on it, if its not really heavy on the front its fine. Should work on an gimbal then, if i would ever end up using it on one
 I personally would use it with a speedbooster, to make it wider and also to gain a bit more than a stop of light on it.
 For crazy angles, think about a fast push in into some tight, fast moving Machine or if you are mad brave, stick it into an wasps nest and pull it out really quickly. While this is actually pretty crazy, this lens would be really nice to have, even if i never did either of those two, to get into tight spaces. Also the Image on that lens is just so surreal looking from every test i seen, and while the Small apperture is tricky because of the Amount of light you need, the huge Depth of field is great. ALSO that lens actually can focus really close as far as i am aware, which i really miss on about all bigger format Wide angle Lenses which are not special Macro-Lenses.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2020, 04:01:42 AM »
If you really use the lens in a very small space, then it is not that hard to get enough light, I found out. However I could not stop down enough when filming at 1000 fps. So for testing purpose I switched the Chronos to 60 fps.

Now I don't have a slider, so I tried to build something on the fly. That turned out to be useless, since every small disturbance of the motion translates into real shaking with the Laowa "Stick". Also, when stopping down to F40, even the smallest piece of dust on the sensor becomes visible.

So using that lens at 1000 fps not only requires sunglasses and massive light but also a very stable camera slider.

Here is a test that reveals the upcoming problems.

Now as you mentioned the speed boosters, they came to my mind again. I forgot about them, but now I need to know what I could do with them in combination with the Laowa. I resurrected the Speedbooster-Thread again for that.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2020, 04:38:40 AM »
Now I don't have a slider, so I tried to build something on the fly. That turned out to be useless, since every small disturbance of the motion translates into real shaking with the Laowa "Stick". Also, when stopping down to F40, even the smallest piece of dust on the sensor becomes visible.

So using that lens at 1000 fps not only requires sunglasses and massive light but also a very stable camera slider.

Here is a test that reveals the upcoming problems.
Is this shot at 1000fps? or 60?Even if your Slider is a bit wobbly, when you do a crazy fast push-in on it at 1000fps, alone the much slower playback should smooth out a lot of the motion your Slider Might produce. Also most better sliders can be re-Adjusted, for example for Wear and such. Out of the box most wont be too tight, because then they dont slide as freely, but for something like that shot with macro stuff closeup on a long Lens-Stick thing, you might want it a bit tighter, since that also reduces Play by a lot usually.
 And Yes, you propably want to clean your sensor and frontlens/ lens Back element when using that lens...

Now as you mentioned the speed boosters, they came to my mind again. I forgot about them, but now I need to know what I could do with them in combination with the Laowa. I resurrected the Speedbooster-Thread again for that.

http://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=464.msg3823#msg3823
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 04:40:16 AM by Nikon1 »

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2020, 05:13:02 PM »
That one was shot at 60 fps.

Yet another attempt with 120 fps. As soon as I got the money, I will put a speedbooster between the Probe and the Chronos., because imho too much of the wide angle is lost... Nevertheless, the lens is fun.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2020, 05:45:37 AM »
Another one, Laowa 24mm PROBE, 1000 fps, 18 db gain and a lot of noise reduction.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of the vertical lines from the sensor? Is there any special software.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2020, 06:47:12 AM »
Another one, Laowa 24mm PROBE, 1000 fps, 18 db gain and a lot of noise reduction.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to get rid of the vertical lines from the sensor? Is there any special software.
Video Link doesnt work for me for some reason. An idea would be to try and record some kind of "empty frame reference", so just an very evenly lit white surface with the same Settings as whatever you shot your footage with lines at and expose it to something like 30-50% grey. Should still record the Lines then and can then just be removed in post production with the correction mask you just recorded. worth a try, also gave me a kind of useable result when i did that 12fps test without propper Black Calibration which on itself was basically so bad image Quality, you couldnt even really see what it is supposed to be. With an (in this case Black reference) reference Recorded at the same Settings i was able to clean the Image up in post significantly and it ended up looking surprisingly good in comparison to what i started with. Would propably try to record a bit longer, not to just use a single frame as such a reference. Will mostly end up looking more organic if the reference is taken from recorded footage, not just from one frame.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »
Time. 2,1kfps; 219° Shutter; 0dB; @f/2.8; Lens: Schneider Kreuznach Xenon 50mm f/2 with Macro tube.Time Ramping, from DNG.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:15:32 AM by Nikon1 »

Photopage

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2020, 07:14:20 PM »

DaVinci Resolve 16 studio version $299 US. You can download the free version and see a watermarked preview.
For this kind of vertical banding I have use Fusion, Revival, Deband.

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2020, 12:56:36 PM »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »

weatherproductions

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2020, 11:52:50 AM »
The second butterfly, the cows and the dragonfly are shot with the Chronos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzqdmwCWIfA

Kettner

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2020, 04:44:27 AM »
Here are a few clips put together.
It's a really fun camera to shoot with, but I can see that I need to work hard on my lighting.
With this camera, lighting is EVERYTHING.
I'm getting better and better images out of the camera the more I work with it.

https://vimeo.com/476244105

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 09, 2020, 05:25:23 AM »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2020, 03:04:31 PM »
An Everflow Server fan, i had laying around, going around 14,3kRPM, Shot at 10488fps, 0dB Gain, f/1.3 12,5mm Avenir TV-Lens 243°. LOUD FAN!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:07:26 AM by Nikon1 »