Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 129006 times)

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #195 on: February 11, 2021, 10:30:50 AM »
Kings X fountain Sydney

1920x1080
1000fps
Build 6.0
Shot in colour graded in resolve 16 to B&W
Canon PL Mount 300mm FD lens

https://vimeo.com/511059406
Image Quality itself looks very good, also the Shots are Great, as is the music. But for me it doesnt quite play fluidly. Keeps Stuttering a tiny bit. Couldnt quite figure out, if my PC or internet Connection where having trouble, but after even Lowering to 360p Quality it still doesnt play Fluidly, i figured it must propably be something with the Video File itself, you uploaded. Looks to me like the Software may be trying to show some Frames Twice or something because of some Wrong setting. Just wanting to let you know (if it plays fluid for everyone else, maybe it is actually just on my end because of whatever reason?). Otherwise great work on the Video!

worklight

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 11, 2021, 03:10:19 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the tech feed back I’ll check it out at my end. Much appreciated and thanks for looking . Totally enjoy this camera and I think the new build is looking great .

julien

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 12, 2021, 06:53:08 AM »
There seems to be a slight jerk.
Is the shutter at 180 °?
Quick tip, Youtube compression is much better than Vimeo, especially when there is a lot of detail in the image.
I did some tests with water balloons, and 1000 fps did not seem to be enough. I had better results at 2000 fps 720p and Ai upscale to 4K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4vKoO6OQw

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 12, 2021, 07:23:57 AM »
Regular size balloons do pop quite fast. I found them to be a quite good "benchmark" for Framerate Testing or HS-Camera Testing in general. at around 1kfps i usually got around 2 to 3 Frames of the Balloon actually bursting, and this is pretty consistent from all my tests. So the Whole thing is over in about 3ms time or less usually. If you really want to see the Balloon Rip apart, and not only a baloon which is suddenly missing and leaves a Strange Bubble of Fluid or whatever in Midair (which still can look pretty cool), you usually need way higher Framerates or Bigger Balloons, they do Rip way slower.
 Allready posted this way long ago,
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=140.msg1586#msg1586
 This was a test at a german Highspeed-Camera Company, where i tested an 5kfps/FullHD Cam which i tested against my Nikon1 J5 at 1200fps at full Resolution 5kfps /35kfps Max Framerate with all the Same Shutterspeed Settings on both Cameras (on 35kfps i couldnt quite set shutter speed THAT Low on the Nikon, but still did 1/16000s, which was Shortest possible. Was way bevore the 2.1 was even a thing, and i was not impressed by the Dynamic Range of the Cam at all to say the least, i expected way better (the Thing cost 26k€ whitout Tax and needed A Powerhowse of an Laptop to even Run, had no Direct video out, only delayed Output via the PC, and needed an External Power Supply), and they actually reccomended me to look at the Chronos  ;) . Fit my needs very well, also happy about the Price compared to that.
 #EDIT#: was Wrong about the Price, read the original Post again, corrected now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 07:32:51 AM by Nikon1 »

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 12, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »
For you guys who are posting clips on YouTube, can you post the raw video from the camera too? Or is that too big of a file?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 12, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »
For you guys who are posting clips on YouTube, can you post the raw video from the camera too? Or is that too big of a file?
Depends on how much of a shot you save, a Full Memory Save of a 32GB Chronos will have double digit Gigabyte size in the Uncompressed Formats. Not only takes this very long to Save to Memory, also usualy takes quite a bit of time to upload, even worse if someone has bad Internet. Another Problem is where to even upload Such amounts of Data to share this. I guess some People use Google Drive or something else (i dont...), but even there i dont know what the Limits of that are, and if this would be possible or practical thing to do. Here on the Forum, with the 85MB or something File Limit, and a Typical 2.1 DNG beeing around 4MB (just under 3MB inside of a .Zip) each, longest Clip i can upload uncompressed with one single post here is 21Frames (28 when in a .Zip), which isnt even a full Second of footage (Full Memory save of a 32GB Cam holds 11k Frames at Full Res.). Maybe someone who uses some kind of online File Sharing Service can upload some Full RAW video (RAW Files are also usually longer than final YT Clips, to cut out the Part you want to see. You would mostly save more than you need to show in the end, to make sure you have enough footage to cut) or Share reasons, why they dont upload them.
 So best thing i can offer is making like 5 or 6 Posts in a row here and upload a DNG Sequence of few Seconds, but dont really want to do more spaming here, as the Guys at Krontech still need to host the Server for this Forum somewhere, which also only has limited resources.
 So here is a Screenshot of the Unedited Footage from this Milling-Shot:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=521.msg3975#msg3975
 , and that was only just over half the Memory saved, and did allready fill a 32GB SD up pretty much. So yes, they are Huge Usually.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:13:44 AM by Nikon1 »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2021, 07:07:39 PM »
Even Compressed Footage still produces pretty big files. Here is a Save of the Other Milling Shot saved in h.264 Compression, i posted the same day here in this thread (saved that one as .DNG and also Compressed). While it is allready much smaller, its still a File of well over a Gigabyte in size.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:10:02 AM by Nikon1 »

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 13, 2021, 10:42:19 AM »
Ok, yeah. That would make sense. I was thinking a few hundred MB's at the most, not many GB's. Thanks!

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 13, 2021, 10:44:37 AM »
just saying, if you end up buying one, especially the ones with bigger Memory options, and end up shooting a lot with it, prepare a bunch of spare Harddrives, you will propably need them if you want to keep the Footage Long-Term ;).  Those Cams Produce a lot of Data...

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 13, 2021, 02:45:20 PM »
Yeah. Unfortunately, both the 1.4 and 2.1 are well out of my price range.

Kettner

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 14, 2021, 12:17:31 AM »
Some fun in the snow.

linke to full video

https://vimeo.com/512134181

mklinger

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 14, 2021, 07:37:28 AM »
Here is a clip showing a balsa bridge breaking at 3540 fps (1472x432).  The camera has the latest V0.6.0 software installed which is a big improvement from what I can tell so far.

This is more in line with how I'm going to use the Chronos with my new channel.  Being able to do failure analysis on devices like this will help a lot in the design and optimization process.

https://youtu.be/oRiQ7f4fXPw

The high speed part starts around 1:25, but I think it's also interesting to watch it fail in real-time to see just how fast it is.

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2021, 06:40:23 AM »
Some fun in the snow.

linke to full video

https://vimeo.com/512134181

Awesome snowball footage!

mshetzer

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2021, 02:22:23 PM »
So far very happy with the 2.1.  Here is some footage of Harris's Hawks in flight with all natural light.

https://www.shetzers.com/harriss-hawks-with-high-speed-video/

Thanks,
Matt Shetzer

worklight

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2021, 08:20:07 PM »
Glitter @ 1000fps