Author Topic: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!  (Read 129134 times)

Rainer

• View Profile
Re: Post Chronos 2.1 clips here!
« Reply #285 on: September 01, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »
I admire not only the slow mo shots but also the consistent color grading and the shot where the shoe stays in the image center of the bicycle pedal :-)
Very well done!

ivandan

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 01, 2022, 10:48:14 PM »
Damn, nice Production and some impressive Shots from the Chronos in there.
 It Shows that this wasnt shot in an Afternoon...

Give advice please!)
Where can I post a link to a video? We need maximum promotion. I would be very grateful. More people should know about this camera. And that they are NOT worse than phantom flex 4k

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2022, 11:09:29 AM »
On an other Note, after thinking about it for a little, is this an Actual Paid Production by Red Bull, or did you guys just shoot that on your own for fun?
 Just from looking very briefly, it does not seem to be Published on Their Official Chanel on YT (they seem to have a bunch different ones though, maybe its somewhere i have not seen it?).
 And because it is very much just an Advert for their Product / Brand, it might be best just to get them to Upload it on one of their Chanels.
 They have 10Million Followers, so at least SOME of them Will watch it if the Upload it there i assume.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 05, 2022, 06:09:42 PM »
For all the People still having Trouble wrapping their Head around the Shutter-Angle Topic, here is a Shutter of an Bolex L8 Film Camera in Action.
 Working Shutter Angle on that Camera when running at 32fps (which at the Time was Considered Slow Motion) is about 166° Shutter, which was Achieved by a Half Disk literally with whatever desired "Angle of Exposure" Cut out, Spinning around that Visible Rivet between the Lens Mount and the Camera Logo on the Front Plate. Exposing the Film for whatever Fraction of time relating to the Angle Cut out Segment of the Disk.
 As this general Concept of Shutter was very Typical for Cameras of that Time, and Produced a fairly distinct Look (Amount of Motion Blur), this ~180° Shutter Angle became the Standard "cinematic Look" that has been Widely used ever since.
 Lens Mount on that Camera is D-Mount, The Small Brother of the C-Mount we know from the Chronos.
 Shot at 2100fps on the 2.1; 25fps Playback.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-O5Hz9VOY

ivandan

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2022, 05:39:06 PM »
coming soon  8)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:41:11 PM by ivandan »

weatherproductions

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2022, 09:35:22 AM »

TTBphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2022, 06:02:39 PM »
Some more Dragonflies in flight footage I finally got around to posting. Mostly shot with Chronos 2.1, with some 1.4 shots mixed in.
https://youtu.be/3sEHo-couQE

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2022, 06:33:19 PM »
For all the People still having Trouble wrapping their Head around the Shutter-Angle Topic, here is a Shutter of an Bolex L8 Film Camera in Action.
 Working Shutter Angle on that Camera when running at 32fps (which at the Time was Considered Slow Motion) is about 166° Shutter, which was Achieved by a Half Disk literally with whatever desired "Angle of Exposure" Cut out, Spinning around that Visible Rivet between the Lens Mount and the Camera Logo on the Front Plate. Exposing the Film for whatever Fraction of time relating to the Angle Cut out Segment of the Disk.
 As this general Concept of Shutter was very Typical for Cameras of that Time, and Produced a fairly distinct Look (Amount of Motion Blur), this ~180° Shutter Angle became the Standard "cinematic Look" that has been Widely used ever since.
 Lens Mount on that Camera is D-Mount, The Small Brother of the C-Mount we know from the Chronos.
 Shot at 2100fps on the 2.1; 25fps Playback.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW-O5Hz9VOY

Nice shot!

ivandan

• View Profile

B.H.V

• View Profile

B.H.V

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 25, 2022, 06:36:20 AM »
There seems to be a slight jerk.
Is the shutter at 180 °?
Quick tip, Youtube compression is much better than Vimeo, especially when there is a lot of detail in the image.
I did some tests with water balloons, and 1000 fps did not seem to be enough. I had better results at 2000 fps 720p and Ai upscale to 4K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4vKoO6OQw

Yes, Topaz VEAI has done wonders for me in upscaling my Chronos 1.4 footage 2K! I can just imagine it would be even better with the Chronos 2.1 with it's better starting resolution at 1080P.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2023, 05:15:03 PM »
Today did some fooling around with a few of the Germans on the Forum, and Ended Up Putting those Lifesaver - Candies on a Lathe.
 The ones that Visibly Produce Light when hit hard enough.
 On a Lathe These do Produce a fairly (in Comparison) bright and Continuous Light where they are Cut.
 Plenty More other Videos to come, but here is the First one of the Lifesavers on a Lathe:
 www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL0tu7oTVhc
 Shot on The 2.1 @ 300fps and Wide Open Shutter f/0.9 and some Decent bit of Gain, so please dont Mind The noise in the Image.
 Can Very much Recommend everyone to try this, can easily and nicely be observed by Eye, just makes a MASSIVE Mess on the Lathe.

AustinBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 18, 2023, 07:14:49 PM »
Recently picked up a Chronos 2.1 and just playing around with it at home in between some projects but figured I would share. The results upgrading from firmware .5 to .7 were great!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrMIMsNs77E/

On another note what is everyone doing for cages and monitor mounts? looking at putting the camera on some high speed robots and rigs and want to make it as secure as possible and also monitor solutions as the on camera monitor is not great.

ivandan

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 18, 2023, 10:26:46 PM »
new firmware?

weatherproductions

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2023, 03:13:15 AM »
Lightning strike and glowing tree

https://youtu.be/pWavnS_FjU0?t=65