Author Topic: External battery for continuous power  (Read 9408 times)

saichner

• View Profile
External battery for continuous power
« on: April 13, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »
I found an off the shelf external lap battery that will keep the 2.1 powered up for 3hr 45min in combination with the camera's internal battery. The battery came with the correct cable.  I have tested and used the smallest version.  There are also 2 versions larger.

Check this out at Amazon.com
BatPower EX7H 98Wh Laptop External Battery Power Bank for HP Pavilion Envy Spectre Split Slatebook Chromebook Streambook EliteBook Notebook(Circular Connector) USB QC Fast Charging Tablet Smartphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DGL6DX7/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_4okLEbKVVQY6D

SergeyKashin

Re: External battery for continuous power
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:19:51 AM »
Not very reliable connection to power the camera, it is better to use a v-mount battery

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:54:50 AM »
Not very reliable connection to power the camera, it is better to use a v-mount battery
i 100% agree on that. Cheap V-Mount Batteries can be bought for about the Same Price for the Same Capacity and sometimes even Have USB-Power-Out also, if you really wanted to use USB for some Reason. Just way better Value in My opinion, also V-Mount Batteries tend to have Pretty strong housings which are built to be able to handle quite some Abuse....

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »
How do you power the camera with a V mount battery? 

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 02:45:46 PM »
How do you power the camera with a V mount battery?
For example with one of those Adapters Here, which you could mount to a Camera-Rig with rods or find another Way of mounting it:

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
Ahh, Cool, yeah that wouldn't really work for my application.  I need small and light.  I am having a custom water housing build.  The laptop battery works quite well if you are shooting from a tripod.  I shoot with the internal and external batteries together. If I need to disconnect the laptop battery the camera just switches over to internal battery, power uninterrupted.

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 02:47:30 AM »
Will a v-mount battery at the power input connector (17-20V) work?

skronstein

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2020, 09:06:54 PM »
Ahh, Cool, yeah that wouldn't really work for my application.  I need small and light.  I am having a custom water housing build.  The laptop battery works quite well if you are shooting from a tripod.  I shoot with the internal and external batteries together. If I need to disconnect the laptop battery the camera just switches over to internal battery, power uninterrupted.

Did you know about this housing?  It's compatible with the 2.1. https://www.krontech.ca/store/Chronos-1-4-high-speed-camera-p92268927
Is there not enough room for the external battery inside this housing?

saichner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »

Did you know about this housing?  It's compatible with the 2.1. https://www.krontech.ca/store/Chronos-1-4-high-speed-camera-p92268927
Is there not enough room for the external battery inside this housing?

Yea, The battery wouldn't fit into that housing.  Plus his is in Australia.  I love what he is doing from aluminum.  This is a 3D printed housing that Mike Wagoner is working on. :)

SergeyKashin

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 05:15:01 AM »
can be designed so that the additional battery can be stored in the handle, it would be very convenient

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2020, 07:54:24 AM »
Hi, I use this one https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01LZXPMXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The camera works with the 16 or 20V setting. To charge the power bank its possible to use the camera power supply   ;)