Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Chronos 2.1 max operating temperature?

(1/3) > >>

saichner:
What is the max operating temperature for the 2.1?

tesla500:
I would recommend a maximum ambient temperature of 40C. You can check the internal temperature on the About tab in the Util window, as long as the System and Image Sensor temperatures stay under about 70C you should be fine.

The camera has over-temperature protection, it will simply turn off if it gets too hot, but the image quality will degrade slightly while it's hot. The warmer the sensor, the higher the image noise. This isn't permanent, it will go back to normal when it cools down.

David

saichner:
Thank you 🙏

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: tesla500 on May 04, 2020, 09:11:01 PM ---I would recommend a maximum ambient temperature of 40C. You can check the internal temperature on the About tab in the Util window, as long as the System and Image Sensor temperatures stay under about 70C you should be fine.

The camera has over-temperature protection, it will simply turn off if it gets too hot, but the image quality will degrade slightly while it's hot. The warmer the sensor, the higher the image noise. This isn't permanent, it will go back to normal when it cools down.

David

--- End quote ---
Hi, what is the temperature at which the Camera actually will turn off (Sensor/System Temerature Reading, i am Trying to do some Noise Testing at various Temperatures, 100°C?)?
 Also, how much power-Draw can the Internal Fan Controler Handle? Trying to fit an 40x40x28mm Server Fan, that will Draw 0,4A @12V. Is it save to connect that Fan for Temperature Testing Purposes, or will it possibly damage anything on the Mainboard from the higher Power draw?

Nikon1:
Regards the Cooling Solution there will be News hopefully soon, regards the Power Limitations on the Internal Plug for the Fan I still got no Answer or Clue where The Limit actually is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version