Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Videos saved but gone

<< < (2/2)

allgona:
I ran into a similar problem today using an SD card. I think the issue was that I inadvertently had a "\" in the file name - what I assume is an unacceptable character. My story is the same, the camera acted like it saved normally, didn't throw a warning, and I didn't realize my mistake until I put the card into my computer and realized the file wasn't there. If there were a confirmation that the file saved, or a way to show files in the current folder, it would be very useful in my opinion. Thanks!

NiNeff:

--- Quote from: allgona on July 09, 2020, 12:27:08 AM ---I ran into a similar problem today using an SD card. I think the issue was that I inadvertently had a "\" in the file name - what I assume is an unacceptable character. My story is the same, the camera acted like it saved normally, didn't throw a warning, and I didn't realize my mistake until I put the card into my computer and realized the file wasn't there. If there were a confirmation that the file saved, or a way to show files in the current folder, it would be very useful in my opinion. Thanks!

--- End quote ---
The file might still be there and recoverable using any system other than windows to look for it. If you don't want to install Linux or don't have a MAC use a live System booted from USB.

allgona:
That was a good thought. I tried from Live Boot running Ubuntu, but still couldn't find the lost video files. Thanks though!

clkdiv:
Hello again. During the last days I had two times where all shots from a day seemed to be lost again. I am using a SSD connected to the eSata port to save the DNG files, shut down the camera with the SSD connected, then unplugged it and mounted it on a Windows 10 PC. The whole days folders weren't listed. I did a Scandisk, after that all was there. A really scary moment. Is there anything I might do wrong? Anyone else having such issue? Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version