Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Wireless down/upload of footage

(1/3) > >>

clkdiv:
Hello nice people,

I'd like to download shots from a 2.1 wirelessly. My idea is to connect a small router to the Ethernet port of the camera, then map a connected folder on a PC, so data would automatically be saved to that.

Do you think this might be possible, or even better, did anyone already try such setup? Or does anyone have any suggestions or annotations to that?

Thanks a lot!

Martin

nik282000:
I have a self contained router with one ethernet port and WIFI, I have used it to wirelessly control the camera as well as transfer footage. The setup is identical to using a wired connection.

clkdiv:
Thanks a lot! Would you mind telling me brand and model of your router? To make sure I get a flawlessly working gear?

Was thinking to ask via PN, but maybe someone else wants to know...

Thank you.

nik282000:
I am using one of these (unavailable) https://www.amazon.ca/Gigastone-Media-Streamer-Plus-Built/dp/B00NHWK01C but any wifi router will work. The only advantage to using a portable wifi router is having a self contained battery saves you from carrying an extra power cable.

ExperimentalPerception:
Since we are now on a debian os.. will a usb wifi stick work in the usb slot of the camera?

Or down the road will can that be a option?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version