Author Topic: Chronos V0.5.0 Full Release  (Read 50463 times)

Bian

• View Profile
Re: Chronos V0.5.0 Full Release
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2020, 07:11:38 AM »
so far I have run into three issues:
 - the "OK" button on the safely remove dialog can't be clicked (neither via the touchscreen, nor via click on the cogwheel)
 - I hear wierd noises (almost sounding like a fan) on the live video audio, even without  microphone being plugged in
 - I'm sofar unable to record audio – is there a special microphone needed? I tried a regular PC Headset without any amplification.

Hm, I cant find a problem in this dialog - in both windows (storage and play) it works well.
And I am also not able to record audio with the build in mic - there is only a loud hum in the clip.
It works for the SD Cards, but not for eSATA on my camera. I did not test USB.

Aha ok - I only tested it with SD Cards  ;)

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2020, 03:07:03 PM »
The eject dialog works with my 2 USB sticks and a USB mSATA enclosure that I use.

v0.5 looks awesome, the UI is coherent and repsonsive, the web interface looks greats and the 60fps continuous is an awesome addition.
Code: [Select]
sudo apt install awesome

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the update so far.

For the folks trying out audio + continuous record mode, I have a few things to add that may be helpful:

- You'd need an amplified source to connect to the camera's line-in audio jack for the best quality

- We might have a small hardware bug with the way mic and line-in are switched, so at low line-in volumes, you do hear a bit of feedback from the mic at the moment. I'd need to investigate a bit more.

- The audio codec chip inside both the 1.4 and 2.1 is a Texas Instruments TLV320AIC3101, which specifies that the line-in input shouldn't exceed 2.2 Vpp, single ended. From tests I've done here in the office, connecting the line-out of a PC or smartphone and having the volume at 25-40% of maximum seemed to work well. YMMV.

JamesB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 03:24:38 AM »
Hi sanjay,

loving the update so far, zooming is very useful and an excellent addition.  Are there any plans to get the UI to be able to switch to top and down for 720p record mode (I am on the 1.4)  The screen real estate is eaten by the UI on the left or right but it would be extremely cool if we got to see the image preview in the full width of the screen which will be considerably larger.  The UI thread from DDR (which I am including the image) had this exact layout in testing. Just wondering if it's coming or scrapped?   
Great work on 0.5 team!

Slingshot Channel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 03:57:39 AM »
I downloaded the new software and used the recommended tool to rewrite my microSD card. But now the camera (1.4) won't boot up at all. The screen stays black.

I was still using the very original software, years old.

Any tips or did I just brick my Chronos?

EDIT: Problem solved, tried again with another MicroSD card and now it works fine.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:42:01 AM by Slingshot Channel »

nik282000

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2020, 06:50:35 AM »
I just noticed that if the focus aid is turned on it will be visible in the 60fps live recording. Not a problem for me but good to know before you go recording a lot.

NiNeff

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 09:49:21 AM »
I just noticed that if the focus aid is turned on it will be visible in the 60fps live recording. Not a problem for me but good to know before you go recording a lot.
oh this is indeed important to know!

hodu84

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 03:46:06 PM »
Huge thanks for the 60fps continous recording with audio!Will this come Pre-Installed on the new 2.1 Chonos Cameras which are preordered?

Yes, this is what is now being shipped for both the 1.4 and 2.1s. We also have a new manual on the way to support it.

Hello Sanjay,

When you do you expect to publish a new manual includes v0.5?

Thanks

ieSe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 01:11:55 PM »
Hi Sanjay,

I'm using Chronos with Matlab over network connection and it works good so far. I was waiting for the official software update to get rid of some bugs that i mentioned before in anther posts. Parameter disableRingBuffer, which will stop the recording when the buffer is full, is still in V0.5.0 not responding even if I change the state to true.

Can you suggest me a switch or router that is not going to cause an issue with the camera while starting up?

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2020, 05:01:10 PM »
Hi sanjay,

loving the update so far, zooming is very useful and an excellent addition.  Are there any plans to get the UI to be able to switch to top and down for 720p record mode (I am on the 1.4)  The screen real estate is eaten by the UI on the left or right but it would be extremely cool if we got to see the image preview in the full width of the screen which will be considerably larger.  The UI thread from DDR (which I am including the image) had this exact layout in testing. Just wondering if it's coming or scrapped?   
Great work on 0.5 team!

There are no plans to implement the horizontal top/bottom bars in the UI. We're sticking to the sidebar to keep things unified and predictable across updates.

Regarding the manual, look out for one in the coming (3ish) weeks. We're taking the time to rewrite the entire thing to make it easier to understand, but for urgent needs, I'd say about 95% of the V0.4 manual is still valid for V0.5 operation.

Hi Sanjay,

I'm using Chronos with Matlab over network connection and it works good so far. I was waiting for the official software update to get rid of some bugs that i mentioned before in anther posts. Parameter disableRingBuffer, which will stop the recording when the buffer is full, is still in V0.5.0 not responding even if I change the state to true.

Can you suggest me a switch or router that is not going to cause an issue with the camera while starting up?

Hmm, I'll give the disableRingBuffer parameter a try on my side and see what happens. Any gigabit switch or router should be fine.

If you're looking for an unmanaged switch, something like this would work: https://www.amazon.ca/NETGEAR-8-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged/dp/B07PFYM5MZ
If you're looking for a router, something like this would work: https://www.amazon.ca/Netgear-Nighthawk-Routeur-intelligent-R8000/dp/B07R169MXR

Other folks could probably also chime in on what router/switch works for them.

ieSe

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 05:05:13 AM »

Hmm, I'll give the disableRingBuffer parameter a try on my side and see what happens. Any gigabit switch or router should be fine.

If you're looking for an unmanaged switch, something like this would work: https://www.amazon.ca/NETGEAR-8-Port-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged/dp/B07PFYM5MZ
If you're looking for a router, something like this would work: https://www.amazon.ca/Netgear-Nighthawk-Routeur-intelligent-R8000/dp/B07R169MXR

Other folks could probably also chime in on what router/switch works for them.

Thank you and if you find out how to make disableRingBuffer parameter work, please tell me.

gcp5017

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 07:13:07 AM »
Thank you for the update! The development is coming along very nicely.
I am not sure if I was not able to find it, but is there a place where 'bugs' can be reported?
For example, saving the file using python/json confuses the camera, where it needs to be restarted. Frame number starts jumping around wildly.

post = requests.post(c_ip+'control/startFilesave', \
   json = {'format': 'h264',\
               'device': 'nfs',\
               'filename': 'test',\
               'start': 0,\
               'length':0})

CS223

• 1.4 Color s/n 01266
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2020, 07:29:43 AM »
Could you keep the link to the builds in the original posts when posting new updates? ;) It makes it easier to keep track of things for those of us who are still using Balena Etcher to update.

http://debian.krontech.ca/builds/

hodu84

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2020, 04:48:57 AM »
Regarding the manual, look out for one in the coming (3ish) weeks. We're taking the time to rewrite the entire thing to make it easier to understand, but for urgent needs, I'd say about 95% of the V0.4 manual is still valid for V0.5 operation.

Hello Sanjay, I wonder if there's any update on the manual for V0.5.

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:54 AM »
Thank you for the update! The development is coming along very nicely.
I am not sure if I was not able to find it, but is there a place where 'bugs' can be reported?
For example, saving the file using python/json confuses the camera, where it needs to be restarted. Frame number starts jumping around wildly.

post = requests.post(c_ip+'control/startFilesave', \
   json = {'format': 'h264',\
               'device': 'nfs',\
               'filename': 'test',\
               'start': 0,\
               'length':0})

Hmm, thanks for pointing this out. I'll investigate further and see if I can replicate it. Bugs can be posted here: https://github.com/krontech/pychronos/issues

Could you keep the link to the builds in the original posts when posting new updates? ;) It makes it easier to keep track of things for those of us who are still using Balena Etcher to update.

http://debian.krontech.ca/builds/

Ah yeah, good point. Will keep this in mind for future updates.

Hello Sanjay, I wonder if there's any update on the manual for V0.5.
It is still being written, but please let me know via PM or through our official support email if you need help with anything specific in the mean time.