Author Topic: Timekeeping  (Read 7478 times)

chrissie_c

• View Profile
Timekeeping
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:35:22 AM »
My Chronos 2.1HD seems very bad at keeping time. I shot some footage yesterday (1st August) and noticed everything was date-stamped "yesterday" (as in 31st July), so I set the clock to the right time and date, and the clips I did after that were fine.

When I went out this afternoon (2nd August) my clips were date-stamped 1st August at 04:12(am) and onwards.

Is this normal?

chrissie_c

• View Profile
Re: Timekeeping
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
I've twigged that this is probably a timezone issue. So how do I tell my Chronos it's not in British Columbia any more ? :)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 12:22:41 PM »
I've twigged that this is probably a timezone issue. So how do I tell my Chronos it's not in British Columbia any more ? :)
Go into "util" menu, go to "Factory" Tab, Click into the "Clock" field and type in the time of your timezone, click "Save". Should change the time.

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 05:52:33 AM »

Go into "util" menu, go to "Factory" Tab, Click into the "Clock" field and type in the time of your timezone, click "Save". Should change the time.

Thanks, but I can only seem to type in 'normal' date/time things in there.

I logged into the camera over SSH and /etc/localtime seems to be set to UTC and the date command gives me the correct time that I set on the UI, so maybe it's not timezone. Something else seems to be going on.