Author Topic: Is Krontech still in business?  (Read 15242 times)

madscientist

• View Profile
Is Krontech still in business?
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:25:56 PM »
We placed a paid order weeks ago for a new Chronos camera, and have been completely unable to contact Kron Technologies via Email or phone since then.  I am concerned they may be closed or out of business entirely; does anyone here have any additional information on their status and whether this is normal?

B.H.V

• View Profile
Re: Is Krontech still in business?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 05:52:01 PM »
I think they're observing Canadian holiday over there and should be back tomorrow. I got an automated email from them on Friday saying they're out on holiday

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:59:54 PM »
Got My Camera shipped Last Week, so i think not.

SergeyKashin

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 01:47:20 AM »
Who knows where the tab went where I could see the status of my order and at any time could cancel the order in this tab. Now I go to the site and can't find it

VitalyZorkin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 04:59:37 AM »
Who knows where the tab went where I could see the status of my order and at any time could cancel the order in this tab. Now I go to the site and can't find it
When did you order you camera?

SergeyKashin

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 05:16:41 AM »

February 19 made a payment

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 05:32:57 AM »

February 19 made a payment
i orderd my 2.1 on January 1st,... got it friday. so.... maybe will still take a few days more for yours
 Unless they notified you about the Shipment, i would assume you can still cancel it if you actually wanted to.
 Just send them a mail, if you give them something in Written form, stating that you are Canceling your order, i think it should be valid.
 From what i heard, they have quite the struggle right now, keeping up with demand. So if you want a 2.1 better prepare a good amount of patience, you will most likely need it. Mine is Serial Number #00082.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 05:40:38 AM »
We placed a paid order weeks ago for a new Chronos camera, and have been completely unable to contact Kron Technologies via Email or phone since then.  I am concerned they may be closed or out of business entirely; does anyone here have any additional information on their status and whether this is normal?
Also, apart from Canadian holidays, sometimes it can take a while untill they answer mails. at least from My experience since the Order. i am not completely sure why, but sometimes you get an Answer a few Hours later or right away, sometimes it can take a Week or even longer in some Cases. However, i always got a reply at some point. Could be Hollidays (never looked up their Hollidays on an Calendar or something... so i dont know how often that was the case), but could also be a lot of people writing mails asking about their ordered Cameras because they are late on the deliverys from Earlier this year due to various reasons.

Rainer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 12:17:08 AM »
Since I am thinking heavily of getting a 2.1, I emailed Krontech on July 22nd asking how long the current delivery time is. They responded just a day later and told me, that if I order a camera now (=July 22nd), I might get it around mid-end of August. I have not ordered yet (will wait until the summer holidays are over).
Maybe an official Krontech reply in this thread would be possible?

gcp5017

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 04:09:58 AM »
They are still operational, talked to them on the phone yesterday.
The supply chain has been kinda goofed up for a lot of different things, electronic components included, due to COVID. My order was delayed by ~ 2 months because they could not get the appropriate part delivered to them.

VitalyZorkin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 09:22:47 AM »
The supply chain has been kinda goofed up for a lot of different things, electronic components included, due to COVID. My order was delayed by ~ 2 months because they could not get the appropriate part delivered to them.
6 months in real ;)

madscientist

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2020, 01:50:07 PM »

Good to know.  I have been unable to reach them by phone in any manner, just tried again with every option in the VRU and all went to voicemail.

If I can ask, what option did you use and what time of day did you call?

gcp5017

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2020, 09:21:51 AM »
I called using the number available on their site, and choosing the option to speak with sales/tech support. Called around 2 or 3 pm their time.

madscientist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »
To wrap this thread up, I did (finally) get an Email from Krontech several days ago.  Never did get through on the phone but at least I have a bit more confidence that they are in fact operational and that I might be seeing the camera arrive in the next couple of months.

SergeyKashin

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2020, 03:23:06 PM »
I've received information from them, send us a form for the United States, sent and received a letter in response, wait another month or maybe more. Although before that I wrote that the camera is ready. I don't understand why it is impossible to create a topic on the form and write information to people (now we are waiting for a detail or a technician is ill today), and it will be easier for you and it will be easier for us to expect.

I've been waiting for my camera since February, but there is no specifics