Author Topic: Unable to remote end trigger my Chronos 1.4 using BNC (running 0.5.1)  (Read 6873 times)

AdamSFX

• I blow things up for films
    • View Profile
I have a puzzling problem with my camera where the remote end trigger isn't working.

I have set the I/O properties as follows:

IO1: Record End Trigger, Debounce is selected, Invert is selected, 20mA Pullup is selected, Threshold is set to 2.5

When I press the button on the trigger, I can see IO1 go from 'Hi' to 'Lo' as expected - but nothing happens....

If I set the option to 'Toggle', it seems to work fine but I need the end trigger function.

Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?  Has anyone else experienced this? It was working fine before the update to 0.5.0, I have now updated to 0.5.1 and it's still the same

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Unable to remote end trigger my Chronos 1.4 using BNC (running 0.5.1)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 05:54:36 AM »
Never used the BNC Trigger untill now, but it works fine for me with the Settings you posted. I just put the Trigger Timing Slider all the Way to the Right and applied the Changes. Didnt work on the first try, but eventually it started working with those settings. Im on 0.5.1 also (but have a 2.1), so it should work on that version, at least on the Software side...?

AdamSFX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 11:34:12 AM »
Didnt work on the first try, but eventually it started working with those settings.

Thanks for testing this, did you change anything between when it wasn't working and when it did?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 11:38:12 AM by AdamSFX »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 11:38:00 AM »
Put trigger time (the slider Image you also posted) on some different setting, then all the way to the Right side, applied it. Then i just played around with all the buttons in the IO1 Tab, think at some point i deactivated pullup, maybe also try that, and hit "Apply", i allways tried if it works now, after changing anything, and after a bit playing around, it worked suddenly.

AdamSFX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
I feel like I have tried all the combinations (that's how I found it worked with 'toggle mode' with all the same settings but 'end trigger' didn't work) I tried with the slider set to all different positions, tried setting it locally and over Ethernet, tried 1mA and 20mA (and both), just can't get it working, restarted multiple times, really tried everything I can think of... 

The fact that the trigger works in toggle mode and that I can see the IO1 change from Hi to Lo on the settings page (and that it worked with earlier firmware) makes me think it's more likely be software issue and not hardware - but then it's weird that nobody else seems to be experiencing the same thing....

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 06:16:11 AM »
My trigger cable started misbehaving after the update to 0.5.1.

I disabled it completely and reset everything and it's fine now.

AdamSFX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2020, 12:44:29 AM »
I'm still unable to get this working, I have done multiple resets and restarts but it stubbornly refuses to end trigger.
With all the same settings except switched to toggle rather than end trigger, it works fine.
It's very frustrating.