Author Topic: Chronos delivered in Germany  (Read 9015 times)

Martin

• View Profile
Chronos delivered in Germany
« on: September 12, 2017, 03:20:46 PM »
Greetings fellow Kronors,

my main batch camera was delivered today (tuesday 12th), it's at my parents, I'll be there on friday to check it out ;)

Customs was handled via DHL Express (got my customs notice from them on sept. 7th), they needed me to sign a permission first (to have the delivery processed on my behalf) and, as expected, it was "only" 19% tax to pay at the door/at delivery (and about 15 Euros DHL handling fee). No additional customs taxes on imported "digital cameras", that hasn't changed.

I'll be using lenses from my photo camera collection mostly, Nikon, some other brands, need to check what works best.

Lighting will come from my numerous geo-caching throwers ;D

I think it was mentioned before: Thank you, David, for making it all possible :)

All the best
Martin

PS: Backer # 83
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 03:26:47 PM by Martin »

Taofledermaus

• View Profile
Re: Chronos delivered in Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
I think Joerg Sprave just got his Chronos too.  Have fun! 

Buddlich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:44 PM »
Hi Martin,

did you get an e-mail from Krontec before shipping?
The Camara will be delivered to my parents/grand parents house too and maybe I should tell them that they have to pay a couple of hundred Euros at the door :'D

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »
Thanks Tao, will definately have quite a bit of fun ;) I've been waiting for an affordable yet serious highspeed cam for years, only had one of those Nikon 1 system cameras, which are mere toys, to give you an "idea" of what might be possible.. ;( (Nikon 1 have various settings which top out at 1200 fps at very low resolution and always, from button press, 2 seconds realtime recording only...)

Hi Buddlich, just the mail to confirm my shipping address by Tabatha on july the 18th and the DHL shipping notice on september the 6th, including the tracking number.

If you already gave DHL your written permission to handle customs on your behalf your parents will need to have about 551 Euros ready, but I'm quite certain, the delivery guy has a card reader with him.

All the best
Martin

Fyodor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 02:49:08 AM »
I think Joerg Sprave just got his Chronos too.  Have fun!

Are you in contact with Jörg? Do you know when he will upload his first Chronos videos?