Author Topic: rec time stop  (Read 6930 times)

SergeyKashin

rec time stop
« on: October 04, 2020, 01:30:18 AM »
I searched on the form and couldn't find the topic

Maybe someone knows where there is an instruction that after filling the RAM, the recording stops, and does not do it in a circle?

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: rec time stop
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 08:03:20 PM »
Hi Sergey,

That exact mode isn't supported, but there is something similar that may do what you want. I'm going to assume that what you want to do is have the camera record for a predefined amount of time after a trigger event, then stop.

If this is the case, what you can do is set the trigger delay to 100% in the Record Settings -> Trigger Delay screen. Once this is set, start the camera recording. Now, when a trigger occurs (external trigger input only), the camera will stop after recording one full loop in the ring buffer. Behaviourally, this is the same thing as having the ring buffer disabled.

Let me know if this helps, or if you intended something else than what I assumed.

David

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: rec time stop
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 05:36:38 PM »
Hi Sergey,

That exact mode isn't supported, but there is something similar that may do what you want. I'm going to assume that what you want to do is have the camera record for a predefined amount of time after a trigger event, then stop.

If this is the case, what you can do is set the trigger delay to 100% in the Record Settings -> Trigger Delay screen. Once this is set, start the camera recording. Now, when a trigger occurs (external trigger input only), the camera will stop after recording one full loop in the ring buffer. Behaviourally, this is the same thing as having the ring buffer disabled.

Let me know if this helps, or if you intended something else than what I assumed.

David
I just tried this, after reading SergeyKasin´s post, to write this, and while this actually works fine for like 1000fps on full resolution on the 2.1, it dont really seems to work for like 100fps or 60fps, which is what he maybe tries to do i guess. i also tried this at 50%/50% Pre/post Trigger time on 60fps and it will just stop recording AT trigger Time, like it should do when set to normal 0% Setting. Not sure what is going on there, but for lower framerates this seems to not work propperly for some reason.