Author Topic: [CLOSED] Pre-orders shipping yet?  (Read 18217 times)

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
[CLOSED] Pre-orders shipping yet?
« on: September 12, 2017, 11:57:20 PM »
@admins:

Can you give us a update on how the shipping is coming along?

Will all of the cameras go out this week?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:35:32 PM by GhostRider »

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
Re: Pre-orders shipping yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:18 PM »
So far we've shipped 118 Kickstarter rewards and 67 of 157 store/PO orders, for a total of 185 cameras shipped out of 275 orders. 90 cameras remain to be shipped.

We're doing about 20-30 per day, so expect mid next week for getting everything out.

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:38:39 AM »
Guess I'm in the last 90 still to go.. :(

Ok thanks for update.

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:03 PM »
Yay!!

I got my tracking number.. :)

NoDak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 12:57:25 PM »
So far we've shipped 118 Kickstarter rewards and 67 of 157 store/PO orders, for a total of 185 cameras shipped out of 275 orders. 90 cameras remain to be shipped.

We're doing about 20-30 per day, so expect mid next week for getting everything out.

I missed this update. Thank you for letting us know. I was expecting a much longer wait, since I only recently ordered mine.

ExperimentalPerception

• View Profile
Re: [CLOSED] Pre-orders shipping yet?
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 03:49:58 PM »
They said they made several extra cameras to go beyond the current orders. So your wait should be just at the end of the existing orders in front of ya.

My deliver date is tomorrow.. cant wait..

Guess I need to finally decide on a sd now.. :)

NoDak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
They said they made several extra cameras to go beyond the current orders. So your wait should be just at the end of the existing orders in front of ya.

Well I have my SD card already here, just have to have some fast stuff to film so get some practice. Cat drinking water, Cat + laser pointer, hit-n-miss engine, gun stuff.

I'll also need to get some clarification on the "Do not expose the camera to molten metal". I presume they are talking physical contact and not simply close proximity.

wilheldp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 04:05:56 AM »

When did you order your camera?  I was a late pre-order, but I was really hoping my camera would ship early this week so I would get it before the weekend.  Alas, I still don't have a tracking number, so there is little chance of me getting the camera this week.

Explodify

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »

Well I have my SD card already here, just have to have some fast stuff to film so get some practice. Cat drinking water, Cat + laser pointer, hit-n-miss engine, gun stuff.

I'll also need to get some clarification on the "Do not expose the camera to molten metal". I presume they are talking physical contact and not simply close proximity.

Expose I would assume is do not let it touch it. Also there is a lot of heat generated by molten metal and that can cause some issues with Heat. So I wouldnt dunk it in there....Although.... would be a cool video! Someone has to try it hahahaha

NoDak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 05:01:12 PM »
Expose I would assume is do not let it touch it. Also there is a lot of heat generated by molten metal and that can cause some issues with Heat. So I wouldnt dunk it in there....Although.... would be a cool video! Someone has to try it hahahaha

Yea. That's my assumption. Just had to be the smartie that asks for clarification on such a question.

I do my own bullet casting and there is blacksmithing at the steam thresher reunion.

tesla500

• Krontech
    • View Profile
    • krontech.ca
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 09:55:44 PM »

"Do not expose to molten metal" refers to getting molten metal on or in the camera. Added this to the manual after a certain user broke their camera by getting molten metal inside after they built a liquid Pewter squirtgun.

NoDak

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:26:30 AM »
"Do not expose to molten metal" refers to getting molten metal on or in the camera. Added this to the manual after a certain user broke their camera by getting molten metal inside after they built a liquid Pewter squirtgun.
Oh geese, I thought that warning was someone just being fun when writing the manual. Did not know that it was actually something that happened.

Electra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 06:06:22 AM »
So are there any shots of The Backyard Scientist's camera after you got it back?  Was the damage just on the main board or did it damage other things too?
(And for those who haven't seen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UYe8mxqKOM  :)

Dusty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 06:30:21 AM »
Any updates on how shipping is progressing?

NoDak

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 11:03:30 AM »
Any updates on how shipping is progressing?
I feel like it's watching water boil. The more you watch the longer it seems to take.

I know that I'm pretty much the last one to order a camera, so I'll get mine when everyone else does.