Author Topic: speed of turning on the camera  (Read 7358 times)

SergeyKashin

speed of turning on the camera
« on: December 12, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »
Maybe it was discussed already, but I didn't find any more precise information. My camera takes too long to load, I read that the operating system is installed on the micro SD. If I replace this flash drive with a faster one, will the camera load faster? SanDisk micro SD up to 275 read and write
Now my camera can turn on for about 3-7 minutes.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: speed of turning on the camera
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 09:41:43 AM »
3-7 Minutes for Booting only is actually strangely long. Just tested on my 2.1, took 42,5sec from Pressing the Power button to fully booted (of course you should do a black Calibration and idealy also let it warm up for a bit, but you could technically start recording after like 43sec from Pressing Power Button....).

chrissie_c

• View Profile
Re: speed of turning on the camera
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »
Several minutes sounds wrong to me too; like Nikon1, my 2.1 boots up in around 42/3 seconds. Not quite as instantaneous as a DSLR but quite an improvement over the hour or so I heard Lauri mention a Phantom can take to set up :)

If your camera really is taking 5 minutes to boot up then you might have a faulty SD card so, installing a new one (especially, if you just have one lying around) *might* at least get you down to 'normal'.