Author Topic: Computer Controlled Chronos (non-internet)  (Read 9664 times)

lwaters

• View Profile
Computer Controlled Chronos (non-internet)
« on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:30 AM »
Hi,
 I feel like this has to be posted somewhere but I can't seem to find it! Is there a way to control the Chronos & save data with & to a computer without using internet/ethernet? If so, are there instructions listed somewhere?
Thank you!
Laura

lwaters

• View Profile
Re: Computer Controlled Chronos (non-internet)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 10:29:35 AM »
https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Chronos-1.4-2.1-HD-User-Manual-Full-version-Software-Version-0.5.1.pdf#%5B%7B%22num%22%3A122%2C%22gen%22%3A0%7D%2C%7B%22name%22%3A%22XYZ%22%7D%2C69%2C720%2C0%5D

Thank you for sending what i've been looking through all morning. These are all ways to connect using a network. I am wanting to connect only via micro usb. The data cannot touch the internet.

Thanks.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 10:38:32 AM »
I dont think this is supported to connect / control via the USB, as far, as i am aware, someone correct me on this if i am wrong please...
 The only option right now is to control it via Ethernet. Ethernet on its own ( also Network access as such) isnt the same thing as it beeing connected to the Internet itself. You can build yourself an Stand-Alone Ethernet Network completely isolated from the Internet, if you want /need to, by simply connecting some kind of router / Ethernet Switch to the Camera via an Ethernet Cord and The Router / Switch to an Computer. As long as Computer and The Switch / Router isnt connected to the Internet (Wifi for example), your data will never get into contact with The Internet. For this kind of usecase i would use the most Basic Gigabit Ethernet Switch and A PC without Wifi alltogether, if i wanted to be sure.

lwaters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 12:43:18 PM »
Thank you. I was successfully able to connect without internet via both ethernet cords and a router, as well as simply by micro usb (after installing a specific driver- included in their tutorial section found here: https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Network-Control-v0.6.5.pdf)

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »
ok, didnt know USB Connection like this was actually a thing, so also thanks for that info. Happy that you got it working!

chrissie_c

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 01:36:01 AM »
ooo! That's useful to know!