Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Create light for high-speed shooting 1500w

<< < (6/6)

Nikon1:
Yeah, i know that the CRI is rather low on those, but this is not for High Fidelity Video, but to have a cheap bright light in the First place (i indeed also want to have a Propper Color accurate Light of such a power at some point, but i need to start somewhere without breaking the Bank). based on the fact that the Manufacturer Doesnt even give any CRI Rating, i would asume it to be around 50-60 or lower (to the Eyes Color does actually not look terrible either, seen WAY worse!). Still not too bad, but i indeed wouldnt use it for Professional Productions for multiple reasons, Color accuracy is one of them. But then again, the LEDs for this where less than 100€, and other materials together less than 200€, so good enough for high framerate Stuff, where i just want to see something in the First place, and doesnt care too much about color.
 And yes, they will strobe; as i said, for highspeed-Filming i will need to feed them Filtered DC Voltage, not AC as they are intended to be used. Its 50Hz for me, cause Germany.
 I havent meassured the Actuall Power Consumption, but can do that, if you are interrested.
 As far as Thermals go, the Panel has a Size of 550x350x20mm in solid Aluminum, given (pure) Aluminium Typically has a Density of 2,6989 g/cm3 , total weight of the Plate would be 10,39kg. Now at a specific Heat Capacity of Aluminium of 897 J/(kg*K), the Thermal Mass alone would need a Energy of about 745586 Ws to heat up from 20°C to 100°C, which i for this case set for myself as the maximum allowed Operating Temp, propably would still be able to go to 120°C, but dont want to risk that, and that will also give me a bit of safety margin. Now, given a Heat input of 1350W, those 745586 Ws will be generated in 9 Minutes 12 Seconds. So even if the Chips would have propper Specified Power Output, alone Thermal Mass would keep them From Overheating for almost 10 Minutes. BUT the Panel also happens to have a Surface Area of 0,421m2, which will also dissapate quite a bit of heat just from Sitting there (i assumed free convection Cooling in Upright Position as in mounted on top of An Tripod with enough Space Around it, so air can move Freely), even without any fans on it (i just redid the Calculations for the Thermal design regards Thermal mass right here, i wont redo my Math for the Thermal Dissapation of the Surface again, so i just leave it at that), while that Mass is Trying to heat up, extending the Time which it takes to heat up even more. As i allready said in the First post about it, i dont remember for what exact time i calculated it, but it was something between 10 and 15 Minutes of Save use with Passive Cooling only. Forced Airflow, aka. A Powerfull Fan would Increase Heat dissapation by a huge bit, and so would adding Surface Area as in Fins on the Back, but as i also allready said, thats a Project for another day.

SecondChild:
I just needed it. Thanks for sharing.

SergeyKashin:
Finally, one of the lighting projects is ready, 4 panel (200*300mm) - 1000 watt LED panel, size 1200 * 200mm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version