Author Topic: Video file straight from the camera.  (Read 8767 times)

NateP

• View Profile
Video file straight from the camera.
« on: February 07, 2021, 02:05:06 PM »
Can someone share a video file from the camera as is? I cannot seem to find one online so I will ask here. I want to see if I can figure out how to edit a 1000+ fps video but cannot find one online, only videos that have been pre-slowed down. Thanks!

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Video file straight from the camera.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 02:33:26 PM »
The Camera will allow you to set a Framerate and will allready slow it down bevore Saving. I dont remember, what the Default Framerate is on this Setting, but i got mine Set to 25fps. The camera doesnt Save Video Files with 1000fps, in fact, depending on what exact Encoder Setting its using internally, that wouldnt even be possible, if someone would try to do that. Even the h.264 Compression has its Limits, and 1kfps is far beyond that. 60fps for the Save Framerate is the Maximum i can set on my 2.1.
 All Frames Captured at whatever fps you set it at, will be saved as a much longer playing Video File, if you save it compressed as h.264 Video (= a .mp4 File...), or just as Single Files for Every frame like images without any Time Information (unless you set it to also Save Timestamps on the Images). For Single-Frame File Formats, you will need to give your Video Editing software the Information about Framerate by hand.
 Video-Files directly from the Camera are usually huge in Filesize, and thus are normally compressed (+edited) and uploaded by users, or, if they want to share High Quality unedited Footage, usually DNG or Tiff-Sample Frames Are Uploaded, as allready single Frames have Considerable Filesize. If you want some Unedited Footage i can shoot some and just save a Very short video, so its small enough to be uploaded here. Let me know, if that would help.

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 02:37:13 PM »
The Camera will allow you to set a Framerate and will allready slow it down bevore Saving. I dont remember, what the Default Framerate is on this Setting, but i got mine Set to 25fps. The camera doesnt Save Video Files with 1000fps, in fact, depending on what exact Encoder Setting its using internally, that wouldnt even be possible, if someone would try to do that. Even the h.264 Compression has its Limits, and 1kfps is far beyond that. 60fps for the Save Framerate is the Maximum i can set on my 2.1.
 All Frames Captured at whatever fps you set it at, will be saved as a much longer playing Video File, if you save it compressed as h.264 Video (= a .mp4 File...), or just as Single Files for Every frame like images without any Time Information (unless you set it to also Save Timestamps on the Images). For Single-Frame File Formats, you will need to give your Video Editing software the Information about Framerate by hand.
 Video-Files directly from the Camera are usually huge in Filesize, and thus are normally compressed (+edited) and uploaded by users, or, if they want to share High Quality unedited Footage, usually DNG or Tiff-Sample Frames Are Uploaded, as allready single Frames have Considerable Filesize. If you want some Unedited Footage i can shoot some and just save a Very short video, so its small enough to be uploaded here. Let me know, if that would help.

Yes, thanks. That would be very helpful.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 02:41:14 PM »
What framerate should i save at, are you ok with 25fps? also do you want a Full Resolution Shot or something from a Higher Framerate Setting?

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 03:04:44 PM »
What framerate should i save at, are you ok with 25fps? also do you want a Full Resolution Shot or something from a Higher Framerate Setting?

If you could I would prefer 30fps save and a full res shot and a shot around 10-12k fps at whatever res that can be. Thank you so much.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 03:19:59 PM »
Here you go, a Full Res Shot and a 10k one, saved at 30fps. Nothing Fancy, just some Pasta, also not the Best Lighting ever, was to lazy to set up more than one Light, but i hope thats enough for you.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 09:02:40 AM by Nikon1 »

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 03:23:47 PM »
Here you go, a Full Res Shot and a 10k one, saved at 30fps. Nothing Fancy, just some Pasta, also not the Best Lighting ever, was to lazy to set up more than one Light, but i hope thats enough for you.

Thanks! That is well more than enough. Just needed a quick file to mess around with.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2021, 03:24:38 PM »
Very good. Have fun with it!

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 09:21:55 AM »
I posted some Raw, untouched DNG-Footage here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=637.msg4233#msg4233
 Managed to Squeeze 154MB worth of files into a Single Post, which makes for about 1,5 Seconds Playback time at 25fps.
 So if you still want to play around with more Untouched Footage, you could use that bit of Footage there.

NateP

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2021, 03:03:46 PM »
I posted some Raw, untouched DNG-Footage here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=637.msg4233#msg4233
 Managed to Squeeze 154MB worth of files into a Single Post, which makes for about 1,5 Seconds Playback time at 25fps.
 So if you still want to play around with more Untouched Footage, you could use that bit of Footage there.

Sure do, thanks!