Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Newbie Questions

<< < (2/3) > >>

mshetzer:
Thanks for the insight.  I'm not clipped, but the snow is white, and when I'm pushing the exposure (almost clipping and not showing zebra bands) it gives a red\pink hue in the high lighted areas

've set my white balance many times (custom).  The birds are dark, so I want to make sure they are exposured correctly.

I've even set my WB on the snow, and it still comes up pink unless I under expose it by about a stop.

Thanks
Matt

Nikon1:
What Gain setting are you using? Higher Gain Settings can cause blown out Highlights and weird Colors in highlights, even bevore they are technically Hard-Clipping.

mshetzer:
0 gain. 

Here is an example.  I purposely let the top go to see the clip.

mshetzer:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on February 24, 2021, 10:49:27 AM ---What Gain setting are you using? Higher Gain Settings can cause blown out Highlights and weird Colors in highlights, even bevore they are technically Hard-Clipping.

--- End quote ---

Nikon1, thanks for all that great information.  Day 2 with the camera and I'm creating more questions than answers.  Great fun leaning a new camera.

Matt

Nikon1:
weird. Just Tried and noticed that too. i dont know if you use DNG or h.264 (=mp4), but for DNG, this should be able to be corrected in Editing. For h.264, maybe try to set Color Matrix to Custom and the Shown Settings in the Image (leave the lowest three fields alone, that is White-Balance, only the 3x3 Grid of Fields), this will give you a "Flat" Color Profile, allowing you to add more Saturation in Editing later, and this should fix the Pink Highlights. Overexposing is an Issue sometimes at High gain, but at 0dB it should be fine and not produce Pink highlights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version