Author Topic: Camera not turning on  (Read 5932 times)

Qm12

• View Profile
Camera not turning on
« on: April 01, 2021, 08:08:02 AM »
The camera was working fine, it was plugged into power and was operating normally. Power cut off, which caused the camera to turn off, and now it will not turn on. I have tried the general troubleshooting methods from the manual, such as taking out the battery and putting it back in but it does not work. The battery seems to be supplying power fine to the camera, as the lights from one port are working. The only issue is it does not turn on nor does the charging light turn on when the charger is connected.

How can this be solved?

Thank you

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Camera not turning on
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 06:58:05 AM »
can you verify that your charger is working? In case that Charger is broken (Power Cut off might have damaged the Charger?), the Battery might be too weak to power up the Camera if allmost empty.
 Camera also could be in "Shipping Mode" for whatever reason, which needs the Battery to be fully charged bevore you are able to even Start it up. The LED on top of the Camera should be Lighting up when charging usually, otherwise i would assume that the charger is broken before thinking there is something wrong with the Camera itself.
 If you are sure that the Charger is working fine, and Battery is also actually ok and fully charged and it still wont behave any different, i would try to contact Krontech about it via their email-Support, as it is propably somehow broken in that case.
 Camera should also work without Battery inside, and only the Charger itself connected, so thats another thing to try out. Just remove the Battery and try booting it up, Battery could have maybe gone bad (dont know why it would though, but worth checking i guess).