Author Topic: How to view original recorded frame rate in file  (Read 6034 times)

mdll

• View Profile
How to view original recorded frame rate in file
« on: April 12, 2021, 01:04:02 PM »
Hello everyone,

I did a bunch of test shots with different frame rates and now I can't remember which one was recorded at what frame rate. Is there a way to view that info in the file? I have the files saved as h.264 and the data I see is the playback frame rate (60 fps).

I appreciate the help!

SergeyKashin

Re: How to view original recorded frame rate in file
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 04:20:39 PM »
see the aspect ratio of the image and frames in the camera settings

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: How to view original recorded frame rate in file
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 06:42:22 AM »
Hello everyone,

I did a bunch of test shots with different frame rates and now I can't remember which one was recorded at what frame rate. Is there a way to view that info in the file? I have the files saved as h.264 and the data I see is the playback frame rate (60 fps).

I appreciate the help!

There is no metadata regards framerate saved in the Footage.
 When saved in DNG-Format (might also be true for Tiff and RAW formats, I dont really use those, so i cant tell for sure), you can at least see the Shutter-Speed, which can give you somewhat of a hint to what framerate you where using at the time of shooting, but there is no Framerate info saved.  With h.264 you dont even get that info, just playback framerate which is basically meaningless if you try to find out recording framerate.
 Now if you allways just use maximum possible Framerate for your set Resolution, you can just look it up in the datasheet or figure it out on the Camera itself, as SergeyKashin allready said. However, if you use lower framerates, like 1280x720p 500fps for a long record time or something, you need to keep some notes of what you shot and at what setting manually or you could just put some info about the Framerate in the File-Name, as the Chronos does allow you to type in a file Name when saving.
 Hope this helps!