Author Topic: M43 mount  (Read 9378 times)

Reno

• View Profile
    • Photo Inhorus
M43 mount
« on: September 01, 2021, 04:48:42 AM »
[img][img]Hi,
The one and only thing keeping me from buying the Chronos 2.1, is I can not use my Voigtlander M43 f0,95 lenses.
I wrote some posts are about M43 mount, even a 3D printable self made one. But no newer well built solutions.
I did some calculations. My voigtlander lenses need 4,2 mm clearance, for not hitting the inside. I assume this is for all M43 th lenses.
If you go frome the Chronos 2.1 CS mount, with an adapter to M43 you have about 6,724 mm to use between the camera and lens.
Just measured my interchangeable M43 mount from my Zcam, witch is 9.4 mm high. Probably because of the electronics inside e.a.
if it was 2.676mm thinner I could use it.
theoretically it wouldn't be too difficult to make an adapter, about like the CS to C (5mm thick.)
What could be the reason there is non?
Is Chronos working on one?  Maybe with active lock?
Hope it will come soon.
ideas are welcome

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: M43 mount
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 07:46:01 AM »
Hi,
 Yes, indeed, Krontech is working on an M4/3 / MFT Mount Adapter Plate for the Chronos 2.1 and 1.4.
 They recently announced that in an Now-Deleted Thread made by SergeyKashin (you could also delete this entire Thread at any point in the Future, and whatever Discussion will grow from your Initial Post and any other Information shared in here will be gone unless someone Saves it. This is what happened here on 12th of July 2021, 19:55 (Berlin Time).
 Original Topic was at https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=656) about him making and Selling like 10 or so Units of Such an Adapter Plate you are talking about. This went on for a while, and later Krontech announced in this Thread, that they are working on an Adapter Plate Like this. Here is the Initial Post from mostafa from Krontech regards the Adapter Krontech is making.
 mostafa later confirmed that they Will go on and actually make such an Adapter Available, but no Official Date is announced yet for this.

chronos news has information about the m4/3 adapter, but the price just bites, as if we are buying an adapter for a red camera with contacts for controlling lenses

Hi Y'all,

Our team is currently considering developing a Micro Four Third (MFT) Lens adapter. We have not yet decided to proceed with the adapter and the price posted. Please keep in mind that this is just a survey question to understand the market need for the lens adapter. It does not mean that this product will be available soon with this posted price.

SergeyKashin was really Upset and angry in his latest posts, which was probably also the Reason why he deleted the entire Topic and with that also his latest Replies.
 And there is actually quite a Few newer examples of MFT-Adapters. There for one is SergeyKashins one, which i allready Talked about above, and then i also made one. Posted about this here before: https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=517.msg4291#msg4291, but so far never shared any further updates on that, attached is a Image of a Full-Metal Custom Milled MFT-Mount Plate for the Chronos 2.1 i Made for personal Use. Still not quite to the Point to where i can share it as an Final Result (still some work in Progress).
 For more Precise Dimensions, if you want to build your own Adapter (it is indeed pretty easy to make an Basic/ Simple adapter like this, if you can figure out where to source a MFT-Mount, how to properly mount it to a Plate, figure out a Locking Mechanism (if you are Brave, you can also just use a Friction Mount Lock like i did on my first versions of my Personal Adapters for the Camera, can Share some Images of earlier Versions of this Adapter also, first one was just some Plastic Sheet with an Sawed off Lenscap Glued into it, let me know if interested), and Get your Flange Distance Right, also put some Holes for Mounting the Plate on the Camera body itself.), check these Drawings out:
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Flange-Focal-Distance-Chronos-2.1-HD.pdf
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/chronos_2.1-HD_mounting_hole_locations.pdf
 Not too difficult really, if you have the right tools to make one From Metal, like me for example, or can find someone to make one for you, but that can get somewhat expensive, especially if you dont know what you are actually doing.
 Thats the Nice Thing about this Camera, you can make a Custom Mount (even some Weird unpopular ones, if needed) on your own relatively easily, dimensions are public.
 About as open Source as Lens-Mounts get.
 However, if you are interested in the one Krontech is currently working on, maybe try to write them a Mail and ask, if they can already give an Estimated Release Date for the Mount, or how their Progress is so far. Been a while, so i guess it shouldnt take too long until we will at least get an update on this or something (i Personally am not Subscribed to the Newsletter and dont follow their Socials really, so maybe there is something about it there already...?). But to make sure, ask them about it, maybe they will give you any kind of Date for that, or if you are lucky they might even directly respond here. They dont follow whats going on on the Forum toooo closely at times, so i wouldnt bet on that happening.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:59:42 AM by Nikon1 »

Reno

• View Profile
    • Photo Inhorus
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 11:31:02 AM »
Thanks, Looks very promising. Hope update is coming soon.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 11:49:26 PM »
Didnt realize this tweet existed, but just noticed this, when i was for some reason randomly checking Krontech´s Twitter just now after a long time agian:
 https://twitter.com/ChronosCameras/status/1446158616235479043
 Seems to be a first Image of that MFT-Adapter they said, they are working on, if i interpret that image correctly.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:55:25 AM by Nikon1 »

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 10:32:29 AM »
weatherproductions just gave me a hint, that its now available, and it actually is finally here. Already ordered one for myself.
 https://twitter.com/ChronosCameras/status/1461031465664200705

Thomas L.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2021, 10:34:53 AM »
Great news folks: Kron Technologies Inc. is proud to announce a passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter will be added to its growing lineup of accessories for the Chronos 1.4 and Chronos 2.1-HD high speed cameras.

The newly released passive MFT adapter, designed exclusively to fit Kron Technologies Inc.’s line of Chronos cameras, allows the Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD high speed cameras to accept lenses with an MFT mount.

Constructed using the same aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel as our cameras, each MFT adapter is anodized in black and compatible with Kron Technologies Inc.’s Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD.

Our MFT Adapter is available today for a suggested price of $245 USD.

The MFT adapter kit includes:
- 1x Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter
- 4x M4 screws
- 1x 3mm Allen Key
- 1x MFT body cap
- 2x 0.5mm shims (red)
- 2x 0.6mm shims (black)
- 4x 0.3mm shims (white)
- Installation instructions

For detailed product information or to place an order, please visit our MFT adapter page at https://www.krontech.ca/product/mft-mount.