Chronos > Chronos User Discussion

Dealing with constantly-loosening EF-mount adapter

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nikon1:

--- Quote from: chrissie_c on May 07, 2021, 12:11:32 PM ---I have a Fotodiox adaptor for Nikon and some quite big lenses (thank you eBay) and never had the adaptor go wobbly on me, so it might just be that you have a faulty one?

--- End quote ---
Yes, i actually also thought about that. Wasnt sure about what Adapter you where using from the initial post, and for some of the Real cheap and bad no-name China stuff things like that could be very well possible, but Fotodiox isnt exactly known for bad adapters or anything. While (at least for me) Metabones is somewhere on the Top end for general purpose Lens Mount adapters, Fotodiox is still on the List of reputable brands for me.
 if you got yours brandnew, you can maybe also try to contact them, and get it replaced. Could at least be worth a try.

1022mm:
Just an update to this thread.   I ended up going with a CAMVATE rail system to support the camera and the lens as one rigid unit.   This seems to have solved all of my focusing issues by eliminating all possible sources of movement.  The extra weight makes handholding for more than a few minutes at a time awkward, but I have production-tested this setup on the road during the past month, and it has held up very well. Thanks to all who offered suggestions!

Nikon1:
Happy to hear, that this worked out for you and you found a good solution!
 I can feel you with the weight thing...
 I attached a external Monitor to mine and use it with a Speedbooster and Full-Frame Lenses, which adds up to a decent bit of weight as well. Will have to figure out how to attach a Camera strap to it at some point, to carry it around the Neck, as it does indeed get pretty heavy fast. My issue isnt shooting itself, but more holding it in one hand at the Built-In Grip when walking around for 5 to 15 Minutes or something.

clkdiv:
Same problem here, but not solved yet. Anyone have a fix for that?

I have this adapter, btw.

SergeyKashin:
Adapter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version