Author Topic: Resolution other than in manual  (Read 4685 times)

Rainer

• View Profile
Resolution other than in manual
« on: May 01, 2022, 05:51:44 AM »
Hello,
I have a question regarding resolutions: In the manual (1.4 and 2.1) the example resolutions have a lower vertical limit of 640 pixel. Can anyone confirm, that also a resolution less than 640 pixel is possible.

Example: the smallest resolution/framerate combination in the 2.1 manual is 640x96 at 24.046 fps.
Is it possible to record at e.g. 288x212 also at 24.000 fps.
Or is the minimum horizontal resolution 640 pixel?
I hope my question is clear enough.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Resolution other than in manual
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2022, 06:12:13 AM »
Pretty much this Question has already been discussed here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=661.msg4594#msg4594
 While you can set custom Resolutions, like written here, if anything you would want to reduce the Vertical Resolution below 96px Height, as you probably wont gain any more maximum Possible Framerate from lowering the Horizontal Resolution.
 The 2.1 Sensor itself, According to Datasheet Should be capable of doing quite a bit higher Framerates than the Current Firmware with the Preset Resolutions would allow, but i have not yet seen someone Reporting he got it to work.
 For the 1.4, there is a Workaround/ Firmware Mod described in the Linked Post above, but for the 2.1, you would probably need to do a bit more work on your own on the Firmware.
 I am not able to do that and also lack the Time to figure out how to do that, and still waiting myself for someone to post some detailed steps to follow, to get higher FPS on the 2.1.
 If you are able to get something to work, please post in the Post above, would help a bunch of people out, i assume.

Rainer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 06:56:36 AM »
Thanks a lot. I searched for "resolution" in the forums and missed the 1 Mio fps thread.
So 96px is a good information, thanks a lot. We might buy or test a Chronos soon and this is an info we could not find in the manual.
Firmware changes are also above my skill level. If we get the cam, I'll post our results with small resolutions at 20k fps.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 03:17:26 PM »

[...] 1 Mio fps thread.
 [...]

*100k.
 A Million would be a bit optimistic for the Chronos.
 Though the 1.4 sensor can in Theory do some very high Framerates ( https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=94.0 ), 1 Million FPS is currently only possible on very few Cameras on the Market (very much Upper Price Bracket of Highspeed-Cameras)