Author Topic: Hardware specification Chronos 1.4  (Read 4108 times)

bjorn_k

• View Profile
Hardware specification Chronos 1.4
« on: January 14, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »
Hi. I am new to the forum and work for a company called SimWay based in Stockholm , Sweden.  :)

I am involved in a project doing motion tracking in high speed. We recently purchased the Krontech Chronos 1.4 which we've been very pleased with.

I am curious as to how to find the hardware specification?
I saw the "teardown"-video on youtube of the 1.4 and found out about the SoC being a TI TMS320DM8148 "DaVinci" and a Lattice ECP5 FPGA.

Is this information accessible anywhere?
And are there developer tools to use specific function of the SoC's multimedia capabilities? One such function would be a resizer-function to scale video or images on the camera's system to reduce transfer time for precalculations before fetching full resolution version.

I am not sure if this part of the system is non-accessible and proprietary or if developer information about hardware and sdk/libs is possible to use.

With best regards,
Bjorn Karlsson

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Hardware specification Chronos 1.4
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 05:46:16 AM »
For Software side of things, you might find what you need at
 https://github.com/krontech
 For anything more in Detail about the Hardware its probably best to directly contact Krontech via [email protected] and just ask them there.

bjorn_k

• View Profile
Re: Hardware specification Chronos 1.4
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 10:28:34 PM »
Hi. Thank you nikon1 (d750 myself) for the links. I have been trying to do detective work and searched for keywords by the aid of google by for example "Krontech cpu gpu", finding the cpu-type and specification etc. At TI's webpage I found the speclist for the DM8148 "DaVinci", features and an SDK. And googling led me to github, both code and discussions about specific hardware. Very interesting.
Eventually I found the teardown video of the Chronos 1.4 on youtube.

The DaVinci has support for resizing in hw, which is of particular interest.

But I am threading lightly here. 🙂

Regards,
/Björn