Author Topic: UNSOLVED (again): Neither Frame Sync Output nor Triggering working, why?  (Read 15833 times)

clkdiv

• View Profile
Re: UNSOLVED: Neither Frame Sync Output nor Triggering working, why?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2021, 12:45:08 AM »
Jesus! After testing more with the camera, same thing happened again! Starting possible, ending not.

After reinstallation of the OS everything fine again! @nikon1: Did you ever really work with the trigger-IOs?

Thanks! Martin

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Frame Sync Output on BNC not working, why?
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 03:38:13 AM »
No.

About the Trigger via BNC, while i played around with Triggering Externally, i havent really used it so far apart from testing. Only got an issue once or twice, but that could easily have been me not knowing what i am Doing, all the other times worked ok for me. So maybe someone who used BNC Triggers more than me can help here or give some comment, if this tends to be an common Issue or something.

mklinger

• View Profile
Re: UNSOLVED: Neither Frame Sync Output nor Triggering working, why?
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2021, 04:09:06 AM »
Jesus! After testing more with the camera, same thing happened again! Starting possible, ending not.

After reinstallation of the OS everything fine again! @nikon1: Did you ever really work with the trigger-IOs?

Thanks! Martin

I think I have run into this before and my solution was to connect the camera to a computer via Ethernet and trigger it via the web interface and then it worked again.  This definitely sounds like a software bug of some kind.

clkdiv

• View Profile
Thanks. What do you mean exactly? You triggered it via web interface and afterwards it worked again without ethernet but with the BNC?

Just asking, because triggering via web has not been an issue here, but it also is no option for what I want to do. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 05:00:34 AM by clkdiv »

mklinger

• View Profile
Thanks. What do you mean exactly? You triggered it via web interface and afterwards it worked again without ethernet but with the BNC?

Just asking, because triggering via web has not been an issue here, but it also is no option for what I want to do. Thanks!

Yeah, once I triggered it via the web, it worked again via the BNC without being connected via Ethernet.   Give it a try the next time it happens.  I'd be curious if it (temporarily) fixes the problem for you too.  It's not an ideal work-around, but certainly better than reloading the OS!

mostafa

• Krontech Support
    • View Profile

Thanks! Martin

I am quite late to the discussion, my apologies for that. But here are few suggestions for the next time you run into a triggering issue:

1- Confirm the Post-trigger values in the Record Settings > Trigger Delay values are set to zero to prevent any delays when stopping a recording. In case the triggers do not work as expected, confirm trigger delays are correctly configured.

2- Try resetting all trigger settings to default through the web interface, before selecting new settings. You can follow the steps in this video to do so: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XFY_nbaKKQ6fjOXx__c-8174lve2eKCB/view?usp=sharing

clkdiv

• View Profile
OK thanks. I never touched post trigger delays. I will surely try the reset configuration option, if the issues appears again. Thanks.