Author Topic: Live record mode cannot be started by external trigger/web interface. Why?  (Read 6639 times)

clkdiv

• View Profile
Hello, thanks for reading this.

The record mode called "live slow motion" would be useful for me, but only if it could be triggered by either an external trigger or the web interface. Both is not working. Only the "real" red record button allows using this mode. Is there anything I can do about that?

And, btw., same thing with the "live record mode" that automatically records h264 @ 60 fps additionally to the slow motion. That would be useful too...

Thanks. Martin.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 01:19:35 AM by clkdiv »

Nikon1

• View Profile
just tried, and i can start and stop recording for both modes you mentioned with no problem at all externally.
 Didnt Try the Web interface though.
 Seems weird that you have that much problems with the external Triggering. What kind of Trigger do you use for testing? And are you sure that that one is working fine/ your cable/ Connectors is ok?

clkdiv

• View Profile
Thanks. As said the signal is reported correctly at the cameras display when setting up IO, does not matter what cable i use, neither with switch nor blank copper at the ends.

Just to make sure we are talking about same thing: The "Live slow motion" is a recording mode, whereas "live record" to H264@60fps is an option within the UTIL page! Right?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Bouncing of a Switch could still be an issue, but not so much with just a bare copper Wire shorting the Terminals itself. Tried with and Without the Debounce option?
Just to make sure we are talking about same thing: The "Live slow motion" is a recording mode, whereas "live record" to H264@60fps is an option within the UTIL page! Right?

Yes!

clkdiv

• View Profile
Ah, could you please verify this, too:

When choosing record mode "live slow motion", I can start recording with an external trigger, right. But it records as if in "normal" record mode. Same when starting via web UI.

Whereas starting record with the dedicated red record knob and the same settings records "live slow motion", as suspected.

Can you confirm this, please?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:45:21 AM by clkdiv »