Author Topic: Mapping the cameras storage as a network drive on a computer?  (Read 6171 times)

clkdiv

• View Profile
Hello girls and guys.

I succeeded making the camera map a shared SMB folder on my notebook. But I wonder, if it is possible also to do this the other way round? Make the Notebook map a storage at the camera?

Thanks!

Also: The card for the OS has two partitions: A very small one with some boot stuff on it, and a  big one I can't access from within windows 10. Anyone knowing how to access the larger partition, when having the card in the card reader?

Thanks

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Mapping the cameras storage as a network drive on a computer?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 06:05:48 AM »

Also: The card for the OS has two partitions: A very small one with some boot stuff on it, and a  big one I can't access from within windows 10. Anyone knowing how to access the larger partition, when having the card in the card reader?

Thanks

https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=637.msg4274#msg4274
 I dont remember for sure, but i think the Other Partition was something Windows cant open at all, and the Rest of it is just unallocated Space on there. If you would want to open/ access that, i would recommend some Linux OS for PC, like a Ubuntu Live CD / -USB, so you wont have to set anything up permanently on your PC. That should work. Virtual Box or other Virtual Machines could work, but i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt work. So i dont think you will be able to see that on windows

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 04:00:23 PM »
os card can be fully accessed from VirtualBox with some Ubuntu ISO file of your choice running from RAM and Mapping The Card Reader to the VM, just tested. File System of the other Partition is ext3.
 See Screenshot.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:58:10 AM by Nikon1 »

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2021, 06:00:51 AM »
Aaaah! Ooooh! Uuuug! You are a magician!

Then it would be e.g. possible to alter the defaults for the Web UI, for example. Cause every time I start the web control, I need to retype the smb share information, the pass and so on.