General > General high-speed discussion

Fixed pattern noise removal

(1/3) > >>

clkdiv:
Hello,

I wonder if someone has some tips to get rid of fixed pattern noise, anyone having a good worklflow?

Thanks!

Nikon1:
From what i have seen, the Fixed pattern noise is basically gone on the New Software Version 6.0.
 For Footage from older Versions i got really good Results with the AfterEffects Built-In Denoising Function and spending quite a bit of time fine Tuning.
 If you could provide a Example File, ideally a DNG or something, i can Try to figure out some good settings to denoise.

clkdiv:
Hello, FPN is only gone if the exposure was done well. I have a Laowa Probe connected to the Chronos and even the brightest sunlight is not enough.

When filming at 24db analog gain an the having to raise exposure there is definitely still FPN popping up.

I know denoising in after effects and ACR, but these go for "normal" noise. I was wondering, if there is a workflow especially for FPN.

Thanks

Nikon1:
I dont really know what ACR is, but i dare to say that trying to use max Gain for High Quality Footage is kinda bold, but can be possible.
 If you need to use max gain however, and there is no reasonable way around that, i would try to record a Dark-Reference (at least like 2 Sec Playback time Worth of Footage) and a 50% Grey Reference (also 2 Sec), possibly even some 90% Grey if you want to be sure. Then use AE to overlay that over the Highspeed-Footage itself to remove it or use it for masking it out or something. Use whatever of the Three works best, maybe even in combination. Partially already explained here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=597.msg3787#msg3787
 Have no time rn to do more advanced tests like this, but probably will have a look at that soon, and see how i would do that, if i had to.
 FYI, AE Denoise does manage to get rid of a surprising amount of Fixed noise from all the Footage i have put through there. Sure will lower your Sharpness a bit and cause other problems, but will make the Overall Look of the Final Footage quite a bit less distracting compared to the Fixed Pattern Noise that is present in some Sub-Optimal Situations. Have not used other Denoising Software all that much, and never Tested anything else besides AE with FPN, so i cant say how well anything else will handle it.

Nikon1:
24dB on Software 6.0 is way more useable than i assumed, after testing a bit.
 From what i found, a Noise Reference recorded at exactly 50% Grey works best, and gets rid of most of the FPN if the Footage is just masked with that reference.
 Example Footage, Noise Reference (both are named frame_000005.dng as they are the fifth frame of the Corresponding save each, dont want to upload the full ~200frames each as to not nuke the Forums servers. Example Project anyways, so its meant to show how its done only), AE project file, and Final Output of this attached. Note that no other editing has taken place. Additional Usual Denoise in AE will Remove noise quite a bit more.
 Footage shot at 24dB 60fps 357°, last bit of Light of the Day, was really dark allready.
 Keep your Lens and Sensor Cleaner than i did here, if you record your Noise Reference btw (also for everything else ideally...).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version