Author Topic: HDMI output showing black only  (Read 8815 times)

BobbyKurtz

• View Profile
HDMI output showing black only
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:30:05 PM »
I can get HDMI connected but I am just getting a black signal
On various cables and have tried:

Atomos NinjaV with 6k ProResRAW recording cable
Atomos Sumo 19
32in rokuTV
65in sharp TV

Is there a certain trick to getting the Ui output ?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: HDMI output showing black only
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »
I just had some Problems with the HDMI Out today and did some Detailed Testing on that Same Topic, see:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=671.new#new
 Also Check out this Topic, where problems with the HDMI are discussed since quite a while:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=596.0
Is there a certain trick to getting the Ui output ?

No, there isnt. HDMI will only output a Clean Signal. UI Overlay is not available on the Chronos 2.1 or 1.4.
 But you can try Web UI if you need UI on an Remote Screen.

BobbyKurtz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 09:56:25 AM »
Thank you for the reply. I briefly looked at your other post and did a quick test with the NinjaV. I am getting Black output at 1080p60 after waiting to boot the NinjaV after seeing Voltage display on UI of the Chronos 2.1.

Thank you for noting that UI is not outputted as I now know I am getting HDMI connection but just black output.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 11:16:19 AM »
I dont understand, what you are saying here.
 You are still getting a Black output on the HDMI means your Problem is solved or not?
 Note that the Image output via HDMI is displayed quite a bit darker on most HDMI-Monitors i used than on the Cameras Built-In Monitor. In other words, the Internal Screen shows the Image very bright. Dont know if its the Gamma Setting of the Monitor or if its just generally Very Bright or a combination of both, but if you have a dark image on your HDMI Monitor, make sure that this is not the Problem and try to Shoot something brighter with the Camera.

BobbyKurtz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 09:18:18 AM »
I just replied to your other thread. What I meant below was I was not even sure I was getting a signal every time because I was testing with consumer TV's which don't always show you a signal is connected as well as professional monitors. Your post clarified for me that there is no UI and that its at least making a connection.  I am now seeing 1080p60 connected on the NinjaV pretty regularly but still only getting black signal.  I tried using it on a shoot last night which footage came out fine with 2 Forza 500's and a Nanlite FS300 so plenty of light but still only black signal being sent.

I dont understand, what you are saying here.
 You are still getting a Black output on the HDMI means your Problem is solved or not?
 Note that the Image output via HDMI is displayed quite a bit darker on most HDMI-Monitors i used than on the Cameras Built-In Monitor. In other words, the Internal Screen shows the Image very bright. Dont know if its the Gamma Setting of the Monitor or if its just generally Very Bright or a combination of both, but if you have a dark image on your HDMI Monitor, make sure that this is not the Problem and try to Shoot something brighter with the Camera.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 09:37:27 AM »
ok, now i understand.
 As posted in the other thread, this is basically what i am talking about. It shouldnt really do that, thats the Bug i am Talking about.
 Whenever the Connection to an HDMI Monitor is made after Booting up, it mostly outputs a Fully Black 1080p60 Signal, no image at all, Camera still working fine otherwise. If you now unplug your HDMI Monitor again, Camera Still works just fine. You plug it back in after that again, the Camera will become unresponsive to User interaction and the Displayed Live image on the internal Screen from the Sensor will go black or freeze (not quite sure anymore) until you Hard-Power-Down the Camera and Restart it. Meaning keeping the Power Button pressed until it shuts down or completely remove Power from the Camera.
 After a Restart it will work normally again.
 This is what i describe in the other Thread, could you try to recreate that Freezing of the Camera with HDMI?
 How i got it to Output a Working HDMI Signal reasonably reliable (there are still a couple of times where it would also freeze the Camera Randomly from that, requiring an Reboot once or twice), was to Plug the HDMI Monitor into the Camera, but Still have it Shut down. Then Push the Power Button on the Camera to boot up the Camera. Wait until fully booted, only then Power up your Monitor.
 Displayed Image (not the UI, that stays) on the Internal Screen will go black for a short bit, come back again, then again go black for a Short bit, and then Both Monitors Internal and External Should ouput the Image from The Sensor.
 If you havent tried it that way, i would be interested to see if doing it like that will make it work.