Author Topic: FAULTY HARDWARE? Can't use any of the 832 x XXXX resolutions at my 2.1  (Read 6363 times)

clkdiv

• View Profile
Hello,
today I wanted to try a resolution I never tried before and I could not make it work. I tried 832x456 @ 5682 fps and got some really ugly fast moving stripes at the left side of the display, which appear in the footage too. After fiddling a while it turned out that all of the resolutions with 832 width have the same problem.

I attached three of the recorded frames, the stripes are visible in each frame. The problem appears only at this resolution. Restart, black calibration and changing gain won't change anything...

Do you encounter this on your 2.1 too? Help is really appreciated. Thanks! Martin...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 01:08:41 PM by clkdiv »

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Can't use any of the 832 x XXXX resolutions at my 2.1
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 01:00:39 PM »
Did a quick test at 832x1080 and 832x456 and 832x144 at two different framerates each (starting with 1k for the First one, then setting to max FPS for set framerate, move on to next, test, set to max again), all seem to work fine on mine.

clkdiv

• View Profile
Re: Can't use any of the 832 x XXXX resolutions at my 2.1
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 01:08:09 PM »
Ok, then I really have a faulty sensor or whatever. Shit...

Nikon1

• View Profile
only tried 0dB though. not sure what that could be caused by. Have you checked if your Firmware is corrupted again? Maybe that is broken, would be the easiest fix i guess, if that was the problem.

clkdiv

• View Profile
Can't imagine thats the issue. All other modes work fine. Also, when moving the crop to one of the corners of the sensor, the stripes are gone. I'll try to reinstall however...

Hope that it is not because of the very low serial: it is 000017...

Nikon1

• View Profile
just wondering if there are any updates on this? Is it indeed Hardware, or just Software?

clkdiv

• View Profile
Re: FAULTY HARDWARE? Can't use any of the 832 x XXXX resolutions at my 2.1
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 12:52:24 AM »
This for sure is hardware. Krontec suggested not to use this resolution or to move the recording frame to an area where the problem does not pop up. That's not very satisfying, but I did not decide yet what to do. I am not sure if there is warranty left and how that would be done over here in Germany.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: FAULTY HARDWARE? Can't use any of the 832 x XXXX resolutions at my 2.1
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 01:53:00 AM »
is this problem also there if you just shift like a few pixels off center?
 Warranty would be 1 Year standard, or longer, depending if you got Upgrades when buying it.
 But i am really not sure what would qualify for Warranty Repair/ Replacement, if it comes to stuff like that.
 Here in Germany (and probably same about everywhere else, where just driving there and just giving it to them wouldnt be possible), you would pretty sure need to send it to them for Replacement or Warranty.
 Back when i broke my BNC
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=602.0
 I also asked them how a repair would be done, and i would have had to send it in to get it repaired. Thats one of the Reasons, why i just ended up trying to repair it myself, which worked well for me. The Replacement Part i put in there literally cost less, than what Shipping alone would have cost.
 So for this, i am Pretty sure, if this is covered by Warranty (my BNC probably would not have been, because i was just stupid and Dropped the Thing, which isnt exactly Krontechs fault...), that you would still need to send it back to them.