Author Topic: How to open the video of RAW?  (Read 8251 times)

Alkyl

• View Profile
How to open the video of RAW?
« on: November 13, 2021, 05:47:16 AM »
Hello,Every bro.I met a problem,I can't open the viedo which is taken by Chronos 2.1,It's style is RAW.Can you help me how to open it in my Computer of Window10?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: How to open the video of RAW?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2021, 05:48:04 AM »
Do you have any video Editor Software you use?

Alkyl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 06:43:01 AM »
Yes,I have tried many  video Editor Software to open it,But no use.I search some information about another camera,I need  the Codec of Chronos2.1.So how can I get it?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2021, 06:51:15 AM »
you need to convert to DNG first, or just straight up save in DNG in the Camera to get usable Footage which can be Processed by Standard Video Editing software.

Alkyl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 07:03:42 AM »
 I don't know how to use phtyon,so can you tell me how to straight up save in DNG in the Camera?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2021, 07:13:01 AM »
If the Footage you need to get into your Video Editor is already shot and Saved (and not in RAM anymore, because the camera got shut down since then or something like that), you will need to Convert the .raw files with Python, not really a way around that.
 If you are about to record something and can Set the Save File Format for all coming Footage, you can have a look at that:
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/RE-PDEV-10009-Chronos-User-Manual-Full-Software-Version-0.7.0.pdf
 Page 27 of the 2.1 User Manual shows an image where you can Select the File Format for Saving. Click on that, and a Drop-Down Menu will come down. Select "CinemaDNG" Option, and select whatever part of RAM you want to save, as well as Save Location and File Name, as usual, then press Save.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2021, 07:15:32 AM »
on Page 90 of that Manual there is also a Overview of all the different File Formats, the camera is able to output, if selected in that Drop-Down Menu.

Alkyl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2021, 07:22:21 AM »
Thanks,I have shot the video and the video is on my SD card.Is ptython the only way to do this?I can't know how to use ptython. Who know Phython?Can you Leave your email

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 07:32:50 AM »
Never actually done this myself, i am just using DNG for saving, and also am not very comfortable around Code and stuff, but this doesnt look terribly difficult tbh.
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=132.msg1241#msg1241
 Here is an explanation for us who are not coders, and here is the Python script:
 https://github.com/krontech/chronos-utils/blob/master/python_raw2dng/pyraw2dng.py
 Only thing else you need would be to install Python, unless you for some reason already have it installed on your PC, and do as said in the Linked post.
 Let me know, if that helped you out, otherwise, i might try myself and will see if i can give you any further help.

Alkyl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 08:05:44 AM »
I am only a student ,so I can't know phtyon not at all

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 08:10:36 AM »
Can you try what John DeLonghi said here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=132.msg1241#msg1241
 And download that .bat file he posted there, that Python Script and your Footage in a Folder together (after installing Python ofc), and run the .bat (after opening the .bat file and changing the Footage File Name to whatever your File Is actually called, or rename your Footage to test.raw, also change Resolution to whatever you recorded at).
 Should work, i hope.