Author Topic: Software support for alternate trigger modes  (Read 14844 times)

miked

• View Profile
Software support for alternate trigger modes
« on: December 11, 2020, 09:31:21 AM »
3 of the 4 trigger sources listed in the 1.4's 2018 spec sheet are marked as "...fully supported in the camera's hardware, but are not yet supported in software. They will be added in a free software update after the camera's initial release".

Has there been any progress towards implementing audio, acceleration, or image triggers on the software side?

clkdiv

• View Profile
Re: Software support for alternate trigger modes
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Oh yes, that's a very good question! I'd also like to know!

sanjay

• Krontech
  • Krontech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 10:31:01 AM »
Apologies for the late reply as Krontech was on holiday break and we've just got back to the office.

We have yet to implement audio and acceleration triggering, as much of our software engineering effort is currently dedicated to new projects and critical bug fixes for the 1.4/2.1. On-camera image detection and triggering is something I'm weary about due to the performance demands it might have on the camera's CPU, but we have had some folks who have created their own code to handle this based on their requirements. Since our codebase is open-source, users are also welcome to create their own software solutions, and we'll always be around to help answer questions along the way.

That being said, our sales and marketing team recently ordered a Miops Smart+ trigger: https://www.miops.com/ to see how we could get it to easily and reliably serve those extra triggering purposes, so please stay tuned for some information on how to use this with a Chronos.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 10:42:33 AM by sanjay »

miked

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 12:42:29 PM »
Any update on this?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 12:09:00 PM »
The 0.6.0 Software-Update just got released a few days ago. As they have pretty Limited Manpower for Software Development, i assume they put all their time and Energy into that update since this topic started, and the Situation regards the Alternate Trigers is still unchanged. Not sure how big of a priority they set themselfs for Implementing those Trigger Methodes, but i can see, why they would put Overall Image Quality and other Things way Higher in Priority, since it affects every user a lot more and increases Overall Value way more to an Average user, than those Triggers, where you are able to do a workaround with an External Trigger pretty easily, but not with Image Quality. Also most People will possibly never use any of these Options (though it would still be good to have them, just in case...).
 So, even if they started to work on just that; full time/ full Power since the Release, it will propably still take a fair bit of time until this will be fully implemented and ready for a stable release, especially the Image Detection Stuff.
 Also, keep in mind, there are a bunch of other things, that also need to be Implemented, which are supported in Hardware but not in Software yet, which could also be higher Priority than the Alternate Triggers for now.
 In my opinion, i think this can take a while until we will see that available in software. .
 For Audio-Trigger you could try just some External microphone and some Circut that will give a Signal at a given Noise Level, to trigger the Camera, never did that myself, but shouldnt be all that hard to do, and could be a great workaround for now until its available in-camera. Not too sure about accereration, never worked with any Sensors for that.

miked

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
That being said, our sales and marketing team recently ordered a Miops Smart+ trigger: https://www.miops.com/ to see how we could get it to easily and reliably serve those extra triggering purposes, so please stay tuned for some information on how to use this with a Chronos.

Any update on this? 

mostafa

• Krontech Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 09:16:39 AM »

Any update on this? 

We have already tested the MIOPs triggers and the audio trigger along with several other trigger options can be performed through the accessory device. Unfortunately, due to the limited resources, our team will not be pursuing the alternate trigger modes and have therefore removed them from the Datasheet. If you are interested in a specific trigger mode, I would be happy to explore some options with you. Feel free to contact [email protected] for further assistance.