Author Topic: Chronos 2.1 rig or cage  (Read 6253 times)

Md. Tauhidul Azam

• View Profile
Chronos 2.1 rig or cage
« on: September 27, 2021, 04:35:52 AM »
Can anybody help me, to find out a proper professional rig and kits for chronos 2.1? Will tilta BMPCC rig work with it? or anything you know. Please Help me out.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Chronos 2.1 rig or cage
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 07:17:22 AM »
I just compared Dimensions of the Two cameras, and they seem to match surprisingly well on Paper from a brief look at it.
 BMPCC 4K Website says, its WxHxD 7"x3,8"x3,4" which is 177,8mm x 96,5mm x 86,4mm.
 The Chronos 2.1 Mechanical Drawing says, it is WxHxD  155mm x 96mm x 67,25mm.
 So from that alone, anything that will fit an BMPCC 4K should also have room to fit an 2.1 in it (unless i got my math wrong or missing something obvious).
 BUT, the BMPCC 4K is some kind of tilted forward Shape, and most Images i found from an Quick Image Search for "tilta BMPCC rig" show Cages, which most likely will either block the Power Button, Trigger Button, SD-Card Slot; and/ or the HDMI Out or other I/O on the Side of the Camera. Also watch out for Ventilation, some of the Cages might as well block considerable amounts of Ventilation Area and the Battery compartment.
 So as a Summary, would sure be worth a Try because the Physical Size is very similar, but watch out that whatever Cage/ rig you end up going with wont block any IO / Buttons/ Slots on the Camera you might want to use later. I am personally not aware of any cage that is currently for sale, which would be a known good fit for a Chronos Camera, thats why i started to build myself a custom one (work in Progress; see: https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=683.0) for my personal needs.
 If you find one that actually fits well, i would also be interested to know!

vincent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:05:51 PM »
For those like me who can’t wait the perfect dedicated cage for chronos, I found the smallrig 1584 pretty good for chronos.

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 07:44:48 AM »
I had smallrig design a cage for my Chronos 1.4.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »
I had smallrig design a cage for my Chronos 1.4.

Is that an official Product yet, that can be bought anywhere or just some Prototype/ custom Production Piece?
 #EDIT#: Had a look around their Website, couldnt find anything about it there, same for a Web search, so i guess not yet, or not officially released, if its going to be Officially available.
 #/EDIT#
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 02:50:08 PM by Nikon1 »

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 06:32:27 AM »
I am not sure if it will be available. I assume so because they didnt charge me any money.