Author Topic: Network connection problem  (Read 7513 times)

AndCz

• View Profile
Network connection problem
« on: March 20, 2022, 07:02:15 AM »
Hi,
I have Chronos 1.4 camera. I wanted to make a network connection to the computer, but I have a problem with it. I have read the manual and tutorials but I am unable to make a connection. When configuring via DHPC, the "inet addr" line is not displayed and I do not know what address I should enter in the browser. I also tried static IP but after entering the address (I don't know if you can any?) The computer does not connect to the camera. I am sending camera screen views for these connections. I have tried different cables and different computers. The green LED on the camera connector flashes when connected. I am asking for help in configuration.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Network connection problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 07:04:27 AM »
Just to make sure, you are connecting the Camera to some kind of Switch or Router and the Computer is also connected to that Same Switch or Router?
 Wont work on a Direct Connection between Camera and Computer.

Nikon1

• View Profile

AndCz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 03:48:10 AM »
Thank you for the information. So this means that it is not possible to connect the camera directly to the computer with a cable and the router must mediate it? If so, I have to try this method because I thought that a simple connection was enough.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 06:59:47 AM »
I think a Direct connection is possible via one of the two usb-Ports of the Camera, but i am not sure if you need additional software for that or if that would be command-Line only. But With USB some kind of direct connection is possible. From what i know; i personally never used the USB-Connection to PC; the Web interface would not work when using USB. And For Ethernet you will always need some kind of Router or Ethernet-Switch in between, else it wont work.

AndCz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 09:11:34 AM »
I used the USB connection and thus everything worked properly. I will try to use the router and if I have any problems I will write. Thank you very much for your help.