Author Topic: Focus peaking assist?  (Read 7107 times)

Solscud007

• View Profile
Focus peaking assist?
« on: October 29, 2021, 11:55:29 AM »
I ordered my 1.4 earlier this week. I’m mentally preparing for its arrival. I saw some videos online and noticed some zebra lines but that is for exposure. Does the Chronos have focus peaking to help you get the lens focused on your subject? On my Sony A7S cameras I can digitally zoom in I think they call it focus assist, I use this a lot to make sure my f/0.95 manual focus lens is actually focused on the thing I am taking a photo of.

Does the Chronos have a feature like that?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Focus peaking assist?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 11:58:32 AM »
It does! You can do a 2x digital zoom in on the Internal Monitor by double tapping and go back to normal by double tapping again. Only Center of image though.
 It does also have some kind of Focus Peaking Option, which you can activate, which will display areas that are in Focus Colored.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 12:04:01 PM »
Just worked my way through the Manual, but cant seem to find any actual images of it, but its Called "Focus Aid" and described in detail on page 67 (cant currently set up my 2.1 to share an image of it, maybe someone else can post an image or something.).
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/RE-PDEV-10009-Chronos-User-Manual-Full-Software-Version-0.7.0.pdf

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 09:17:56 PM »
Just worked my way through the Manual, but cant seem to find any actual images of it, but its Called "Focus Aid" and described in detail on page 67 (cant currently set up my 2.1 to share an image of it, maybe someone else can post an image or something.).
 https://www.krontech.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/RE-PDEV-10009-Chronos-User-Manual-Full-Software-Version-0.7.0.pdf

Sweet. Thank you.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 09:19:48 PM »