Author Topic: Low light capture  (Read 12435 times)

Rainer

• View Profile
Re: Low light capture
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2021, 12:40:35 PM »
I really like the viewing angle. The whole Life Saver lights up where it's being hit. Really nice shot.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2021, 12:45:37 PM »
Did like half a bag, and at some point ended up with that Backlit look, for the last few shots i wanted to make it look a bit more epic, so i choose a low, really close angle. Would have gone lower if could have, but the Lens was literally Hitting the Table already. I am Currently looking through all my other shots, saved pretty much every one i did, but this seems to indeed be the Best one of the Day, everything else is somehow not really worth sharing i feel like.

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »
So I shot a similar test with my full spectrum Sony A7S. I was not too concerned about slow motion since I will revist this with the Chronos which arrives tmw assuming no issues with fedex. Anyway the Sony A7S is very sesitive to low light. I ended up using a small IR flashlight and aimed it at my chest to act as a soft bounce and fill the area with a it more light. I used a F/0.95 35mm lens. I forget the ISO but I think it was at 6400? Amazed how bright this was.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV4Zpm0LdyG/

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 07:58:07 PM »
Well, could be, that most of the light isnt even visible, so an actual full-Spectrum Camera would ofc. capture a ton more Light.

TallyFeli

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 08:19:52 AM »
Hi...Assuming you need a high shade speed and blaze, you should adhere to the sync speed of the screen for streak, which I think for this situation is 1/200. Over that the image will not come out. (some more costly cameras have a higher speed setting, in which the glimmer beats. Not accessible here.) Because the blaze is such a ton more limited in term than the screen speed, precise speed is seldom too significant except if you're doing fill glimmer or utilizing an extremely low shade speed to get both surrounding light and blaze light. For activity, I question you'll see a lot of distinction between speeds.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2021, 08:48:03 AM »
Hi also, you use a lot of words, i am not really sure about what they mean. "Shade Speed" is probably Shutter Speed? But what is "Blaze"? Not heard about anyone use that in Relation to Cameras yet, no idea what that would even mean here.
 I also dont really know what you are trying to say about the 1/200 (which i assume Would be Shutter Speed in Fractional Seconds) and whatever that would then sync to, this is a pretty Dynamic Process we are Trying to capture here, not something like a Electronic Flash from a Camera.
 If i understand you correctly, you are trying to say (among other things i am not quite able to follow you with), that shortest beneficial Shutter speed to use to capture this would be 1/200s and anything above that would not give you any more detail.
 If that is the case, i can tell you, that this is in fact not correct, as in the linked Video they Clearly use Framerates like 28000fps (or even 50kfps in one of the Shots shown), which would only allow for an Maximum Shutter Speed of 1/28000s per Frame (which is WAY SHORTER!), and they can Clearly capture the Glowing Event that is happening there and even some environmental Light, and there is a lot more Detail to be seen, than i am Able to see at 1000fps or even 3000ish fps. (Also Motion Blur from Fast Moving Parts). A Maximum Shutter Speed of 1/200s Would however Limit my maximum Possible Framerate to 200fps or even Lower, and i can clearly capture This Blue Light Even with my Chronos 2.1 (be it with some Insanely Fast Lenses and very much extreme Settings, but its possible, as shown above), which is nowhere near as Sensitive to Light as those Phantoms they use there.
 I maybe got this completely Wrong, you might be trying to say something about the Night Vision Thing or ....?
 Not sure, if i understood you correctly, or what exactly you are trying to share or ask here? Please Elaborate.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:03:58 AM by Nikon1 »