Author Topic: Micro Four Thirds Mount for Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD cameras NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 12373 times)

Thomas L.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
Kron Technologies Inc. is proud to announce a passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter will be added to its growing lineup of accessories for the Chronos 1.4 and Chronos 2.1-HD high speed cameras.

The newly released passive MFT adapter, designed exclusively to fit Kron Technologies Inc.’s line of Chronos cameras, allows the Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD high speed cameras to accept lenses with an MFT mount.

Constructed using the same aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel as our cameras, each MFT adapter is anodized in black and compatible with Kron Technologies Inc.’s Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD.

Our MFT Adapter is available today for a suggested price of $245 USD.

The MFT adapter kit includes:
- 1x Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter
- 4x M4 screws
- 1x 3mm Allen Key
- 1x MFT body cap
- 2x 0.5mm shims (red)
- 2x 0.6mm shims (black)
- 4x 0.3mm shims (white)
- Installation instructions

For detailed product information or to place an order, please visit our MFT adapter page at https://www.krontech.ca/product/mft-mount.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:40:06 AM by Thomas L. »

carlos

• View Profile
Re: Micro Four Thirds Mount for Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD cameras NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
Awesome!  :D

VitalyZorkin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 01:49:15 PM »
Just order it

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 06:20:30 PM »
Same. I ordered mine as well. Now to go looking for some inexpensive good fast lenses. I’m thinking of the 7Artisans 35mm f/0.95.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 06:19:07 AM »
Nice, first ones shipping tomorrow (today? whatever time it is over there Currently).
 https://twitter.com/ChronosCameras/status/1461137115731795968

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 08:19:00 PM »
Mine just arrived. I dont have any MFT lenses right now. So luckily I have an C-Mount to MFT adapter and I can still use my C-Mount lenses. I had to not use any shims in order to have a decent back focus for my lenses. However my wide angle 2.6mm lens has to be super close to the sensor.

The instructions have you remove the 9 o'clock fan screw. I dont really see why this is necessary? Maybe to eliminate the screw interfering with the mating of the MFT mount? They also have you remove the CS mount from the camera. So I have to keep that on my 2.6mm lens and screw it in through the MFT mount when I want to use it. It isn't tight but thankfully that lens has a lot of DOF.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 08:47:10 PM »
Mine Is expected to come here on Monday, Longer Travel, also German Customs Processing can take a bit. 
 The Fan Screw thing is, in case it protruded from the Surface, because you for some Reason Messed with Those Screws like: https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=611.0
 The Removing of that Screw a bunch of time really did damage it a bit and some of it now Protrudes a bit from the Screw Head, but still not beyond the Mounting Face of the Camera. Tried to take a quick Picture with an Projection lens, didnt really want to get a real Macro Lens out right now, hope still Sharp enough to see things well enough.
 In bad cases i assume this could mean the Adapter would not sit flush with the Front Surface of the Camera, leading to the Adapter possibly getting Scratched, bent if a lot of force is still used to tighten, or just sitting slanted on there, which will mess with your Focal Plane ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheimpflug_principle ).
 As they probably cant guarantee, that all screws are always Perfectly to Specification (normal Fan Screws are not exactly high Precision Parts by any Stretch), or that nobody put a Screwdriver on one ever and Deformed the Head a bit, they just have you remove it just in case i assume. Warranty and Stuff, because as a company you will be held responsible if your Product damages something else and such, so why even risk that, if it can be avoided (even if that might be a rare case).
 I dont see, why you would not be able to just leave the Screw in there, if you can make sure, it for absolutely sure does not Protrude beyond the Mounting Surface at any Point on your own.
 I personally never Removed a Fan Screw for Mounting any kind of Adapters Like this, but i must say, i also Checked if My Screws Protrude before Mounting.
 So if yours also dont, you should in Theory be able to just leave it there, if you like. Or, if it protrudes, take it out, grind the Head down a tiny Little bit on some Sandpaper or a Small Belt Sander or something. Or might as well just remove it...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:55:13 AM by Nikon1 »

Solscud007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 10:27:40 PM »
That is what I was thinking to. I removed it just to be safe.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 10:29:31 PM »
Yeah, thats probably the better thing to do, if you are unsure.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 11:46:07 AM »
For the Germans:
 Just had to pay Import Fees to DHL, So overall Price to pay if you Buy one in Germany, including all Cost, For the Adapter itself, Shipping, Credit Card Fees, Currency Exchange Fees, Taxes, DHL Duties and Fees, it will end up at 326,33€ (might change depending on whatever Credit Card you use and exact Exchange Rate at the Time).

Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 05:39:51 AM »
Finally... been waiting for a decent camera mount to surface by the Chronos creators since it came out :)

I read in the newsletter that speedboosters will work as well, which was obviously the main pupose for this, getting high end "big bore" lenses to collect even more light on a smaller sensor (for some settings, you can _never_ have enough light!), so my question would be:

Which speedboosters are you using with this MFT mount and how is image quality, sharpness etc impacted?
I'd prefer to use Nikon F-mount lenses, maybe Sony E-mount as well, which speedboosters would you recommend?
I've read Metabones even improve image quality slightly?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:28:27 AM by Martin »

hutber

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2022, 09:20:01 AM »
Thanks guys! I've just received the mount :D

I am just going to install it and under Preperation it says

2.5 Slide out the brass back focus locking pin from camera and store in included box (which box :O :D)
2.6 Re-install back focus screw with Allen Key until flush with bottom of camera.

So I am confused, am I doing exactly as this says? If so why? In my mind, I need to remove the C-Mount to get this bad boy working.

Off topic, how do I know which thicken shim I would like to use? I guess its lens dependant and I should look at the lens I am using for it? (answered: Ah, its on the reverse of the sheet under "6. Back Focus Adjustment)

Also it would be great to know why we removed the fan screw :)

But otherwise what an absolutely fantastic mount this is :D I am pleased to see c-mount go away a little bit :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:27:59 AM by hutber »

cwest51

• View Profile
I missed this when it first came out, now I can seem to ever find it in stock. Any ideas when it will be back again? Anyone here already tired of theirs and want to sell???  ;)

drbaker

• View Profile
Anxiously awaiting a fresh batch of these…
Thoughts on when?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Dont know since when, but seems to be back available now...?