Author Topic: MFT Mount for Chronos 2.1 --- Resin Print with metal Mount!  (Read 17866 times)

Thomas L.

• Krontech
    • View Profile
Re: MFT Mount for Chronos 2.1 --- Resin Print with metal Mount!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 10:40:31 AM »
Great news folks: Kron Technologies Inc. is proud to announce a passive Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter will be added to its growing lineup of accessories for the Chronos 1.4 and Chronos 2.1-HD high speed cameras.

The newly released passive MFT adapter, designed exclusively to fit Kron Technologies Inc.’s line of Chronos cameras, allows the Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD high speed cameras to accept lenses with an MFT mount.

Constructed using the same aircraft grade aluminum and stainless steel as our cameras, each MFT adapter is anodized in black and compatible with Kron Technologies Inc.’s Chronos 1.4 and 2.1-HD.

Our MFT Adapter is available today for a suggested price of $245 USD.

The MFT adapter kit includes:
- 1x Micro Four Thirds (MFT) adapter
- 4x M4 screws
- 1x 3mm Allen Key
- 1x MFT body cap
- 2x 0.5mm shims (red)
- 2x 0.6mm shims (black)
- 4x 0.3mm shims (white)
- Installation instructions

For detailed product information or to place an order, please visit our MFT adapter page at https://www.krontech.ca/product/mft-mount.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2021, 02:21:26 PM »
As a Summary, I in the End still ordered one of Krontechs MFT-Adapters (somehow even managed to order myself one before the actual release here on the Forum, lol. Thanks to again weatherproductions, who droped me a Mail like seconds after it was announced on Twitter  ;) ), as it will save me a bunch of time for now actually building myself one again, i also really am running low with my Patience on this Project for now, and this is a welcome Break for one. I will have a MFT-Adapter to use for now (still want a Brass one, just cause. Asked Krontech a bunch o times about that, if they are able/ willing to make me a custom brass one, once these would be a thing, still didnt get an answer about that yet, will probably have to go ask again. Or still eventually make myself one, if i really have to...).  Even though the Price ended up a bit higher than i honestly expected (will be like 335€ for us Germans from an rough estimate i did yesterday, when Taxes, handling Fees, Shipping, etc. are included, but cant tell for sure right now, we will see when it arrives and i actually have to pay DHL), but you Guys at Krontech need to eat and pay rent too i guess, and a Quality Adapter doesnt build itself, i can tell that much from trying.
 Regards the DIY-Guide i talked about in above Posts, if anyone is interested in actually building that for some Reason, let me know, as i already said. Almost all the Footage is already shot, only need to do a bunch of Editing, and like a day more of Writing.  .
 so far for that, i need some rest now.
 Already Hyped to see how that Krontech Adapter turned out.

Dominik Symann

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2021, 09:57:01 PM »
@Nikon1,
much respect for your persistance and time  put into this!
I can't promise that I will be able to build one myself for sure,
but I would definetly be interested in trying. Even though I find 335€ a bit pricy compared to other "dumb" adapters I feel that it might be the more efficient way to go in the end if you sum up hours and materials though.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2021, 07:23:42 AM »
Well, just received my Micro Four Thirds Mount from Krontech, and am not happy with it, will return it. Flatness and Alignment Error on that Adapter they sent me are just not acceptable in my Opinion.  Metabones seems to use a Tolerance of 0,01mm maximum Error for Flatness and Alignment across their Whole Adapter. Measured by myself for above Guide, no idea what their actual Specifications are, but both Speedboosters i own stay well Within 0,01mm Error, so i assume thats what their Specification is. An Gauge Block will btw. wring just as well to the Mounting Faces from the Metabones Speedbooster, as shown in above Video with my Spacer Plate, which i ground to the Same Specifications as i assume they use.
 Now the Krontech MFT-Mount (can only speak for that Single unit i got sent, sample size: 1; no further Reference, i hope this one is for some reason just wildly out of Specification and all the Other ones are way better or something, but might be just as bad as this on the other ones) is out of Alignment by 0,151mm from a very quick check, which is just way too much for me, and certainly more than what i will accept for almost 400 USD for us Germans (including taxes and stuff, also Shipping).
 Mounting Holes are also for some Reason too tight to fit the Standard M4 knurled Thumb-Screws i usually use for all my Adapter Plates on there (i assume the Included Screws work fine, but i need an Tool-Less Setup for the Mount Plates!), so i didnt even get to mount it to the Camera.
 Will send that Back unused, and just finish my own one, while i am At it, i might as well just finish this guide and make all Dimensions for my MFT-Adapter Public, once i am done, so People can build an Adapter with somewhat tighter Tolerances than this Krontech one i got here. I guess the Krontech one is still an MFT-Adapter if you just need one, but at the Moment i just cant recommend it, if you need Precision. Hope they get their stuff together and do their Homework regards Flatness (the Thing literally rocks back and fourth on a Flat surface...) and Alignment, or at least adjust the Price accordingly if they dont, cause the current Quality of product does just not match the Asking Price.

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2021, 08:36:42 AM »
Well, just received my Micro Four Thirds Mount from Krontech, and am not happy with it, will return it. Flatness and Alignment Error on that Adapter they sent me are just not acceptable in my Opinion.  Metabones seems to use a Tolerance of 0,01mm maximum Error for Flatness and Alignment across their Whole Adapter. Measured by myself for above Guide, no idea what their actual Specifications are, but both Speedboosters i own stay well Within 0,01mm Error, so i assume thats what their Specification is. An Gauge Block will btw. wring just as well to the Mounting Faces from the Metabones Speedbooster, as shown in above Video with my Spacer Plate, which i ground to the Same Specifications as i assume they use.
 Now the Krontech MFT-Mount (can only speak for that Single unit i got sent, sample size: 1; no further Reference, i hope this one is for some reason just wildly out of Specification and all the Other ones are way better or something, but might be just as bad as this on the other ones) is out of Alignment by 0,151mm from a very quick check, which is just way too much for me, and certainly more than what i will accept for almost 400 USD for us Germans (including taxes and stuff, also Shipping).
 Mounting Holes are also for some Reason too tight to fit the Standard M4 knurled Thumb-Screws i usually use for all my Adapter Plates on there (i assume the Included Screws work fine, but i need an Tool-Less Setup for the Mount Plates!), so i didnt even get to mount it to the Camera.
 Will send that Back unused, and just finish my own one, while i am At it, i might as well just finish this guide and make all Dimensions for my MFT-Adapter Public, once i am done, so People can build an Adapter with somewhat tighter Tolerances than this Krontech one i got here. I guess the Krontech one is still an MFT-Adapter if you just need one, but at the Moment i just cant recommend it, if you need Precision. Hope they get their stuff together and do their Homework regards Flatness (the Thing literally rocks back and fourth on a Flat surface...) and Alignment, or at least adjust the Price accordingly if they dont, cause the current Quality of product does just not match the Asking Price.

Received my 2 adapters last week and I am very pleased with them. Mounting holes are fine and setting up the back focus was no problem. Tested my both cameras with several lenses (they fit very well) and it worked without any problems.