Author Topic: SmallRig Camera Cage  (Read 17467 times)

Solscud007

• View Profile
Re: SmallRig Camera Cage
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2023, 12:40:51 AM »
Hi, if anyone is interested - Smallrig is currently producing a custom camera cage for the Chronos via Dreamrig....
https://www.facebook.com/smallrig/posts/check-out-the-chronos-14-cage-and-side-bracket-designed-by-dreamrig-team-for-use/4467505773354974/

That was posted a year ago. Sadly I have not heard back from them since then.

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2023, 05:02:44 AM »
I am currantly in contact with Dreamrig and they will produce a new cage for me  ;)

tsouri

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2023, 11:47:39 AM »
So it is thanks to Somosrobolt https://www.instagram.com/somosrobolt/ on IG he shared the cage he uses for the Chronos.

The cage is 1584 for Canon. It fits. You need the 2060 cold shoe as well. You bolt the cold shoe to the top of the Chronos and the top of the cage has a shoe tab that slide into that cold shoe.

I flipped the right side brackets so it helps to clear the battery door. You still need to rotate the camera a bit to clear the bottom of the cage. Another minor issue is pulling the SD card. It sits under the cage and I found it easier to loosen the cold shoe tab screws, slide it forward, and loosen the bracket arms so the top of the cage can be removed and now I can remove the SD card.

Can you re upload  the images I want to see how you built it. Thanks!

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2023, 11:52:06 AM »
Attached to this post is an JPG Image containing the Text "TEST".
 If the Attachment is not Visible or not there / You are not able to open it, forum is still broken.
 #EDIT# Attachments still not working, nobody can upload anything right now.

Max

• Administrator
  • Oh hello there :D
    • View Profile
    • Meep Space
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2023, 01:59:15 PM »
 If the Attachment is not Visible or not there / You are not able to open it, forum is still broken.

It looks like we overlooked a configuration variable during the forum migration, but it has since been fixed. Sorry about that!

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2023, 02:14:50 PM »

It looks like we overlooked a configuration variable during the forum migration, but it has since been fixed. Sorry about that!
Means Images working again now?