Author Topic: USB otg Ethernet support  (Read 8467 times)

Willa

• View Profile
USB otg Ethernet support
« on: January 26, 2022, 10:44:43 PM »
Hi there,
We are currently evaluating the Chronos 1.4 for Particle Image Velocimetry. I would like to include the camera into an existing MATLAB GUI. Therefore, I am trying to connect to it via USB and the static IP address given in the manual. However, the camera is not found. The IP address can't be pinged, and the Webinterface + MATLAB example scripts can't access the camera. Do I need to do more than what's described on the manual to make USB otg work? I have the latest firmware (0.7.1) and windows 11. I am using an USB cable that is known to work, and tried two different computers.
The camera serial nr. is 00320.
Thanks for your help!
William
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 10:51:58 PM by Willa »

Willa

• View Profile
Re: USB otg Ethernet support
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 12:27:15 AM »
So there is noone that can help here? What a pity.

Bian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 04:42:10 AM »
Hello,
I also tried some time ago to connect my camera via USB. It did not work for me either. Now I use an ethernet cable with fixed IP addresses and that works fine.

Willa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 01:53:58 AM »
Now I bought a brand new Chronos 1.4 camera, and this still is not working on two computers and with 2 different cables (that are known to work). When the cam is plugged in, I get a short message in windows that "RNDIS..." is installed. And a com port is discovered. In the device manager, there is nothing with "RNDIS", but at least a new com port is found. There is also no "unknown device" appearing.  I also disabled the wind defender firewall with no luck. What can I do???

stumask

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 06:35:00 AM »
Hi having problems controling the chronos 2.1 via my pc using ethernet to link camera to pc  :( :(,
so main page comes up with a small window showing what you are seeing with the camera along with exposure control,
analog gain, digital gain resolution and save video, but you are unable to adjust any of the settings on the pc,
if you hover over resolution you get a bar come up saying Unset(are you sure that you're connected with javascript enabled?),
I have installed java and as far as I know it is enabled, have had this main page working when we first purchased the camera,
 but then it just stopped, have been searching through krontalk and the web to try and find any solutions but could'nt find anything
i am currently on 0.7.2, any help would be very much appreciated, thanks

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 12:21:07 AM »
@stumask:
 Hi, could you provide any more info to how it is connected exactly (i assume Ethernet via some Router to an internal Ethernet Port on the PC?), PC Hardware/ OS and what Browser you are using?
 Could very well be a Problem with using some kind of very outdated Browser Version or something.  I dont know about anyone actually reporting any kind of similar Issue caused by an old Browser Version with this camera, but seen Plenty Problems with some Websites personally when used with old Versions of some Browsers, which are no longer Supported or lacked some needed Features for the Webpages to work properly.
 Screenshots would also help in figuring out, what is going on, i guess.