Author Topic: Lens needed to film sports?  (Read 13323 times)

chrissie_c

• View Profile
Re: Lens needed to film sports?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2022, 01:28:56 AM »
Just a thought - get the camera and a nice fast lens and see how that works without the speedbooster, then save up for one if it seems necessary :)

hutber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2022, 02:08:12 AM »
ha, that is fair!

So my checklist are:
SSD Drive
SSD Drive cable
Nikon > C-Mount

And thats actually it for the minimum to get videos onto disk right?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 05:40:09 AM »
ha, that is fair!

So my checklist are:
SSD Drive
SSD Drive cable
Nikon > C-Mount

And thats actually it for the minimum to get videos onto disk right?
Depending on what option you choose when you order The Camera, it does actually already come with the Needed Adapter for either Canon or Nikon Mount to C-Mount and a Spacer to CS-Mount, one of both is always included.
 The Adapter for Nikon Mount, that does come with the Camera however will not allow you to use Any Nikon Lenses that do not have an Dedicated Aperture Setting on the Lens itself, for that you would need to order a Adapter that can do that. The Included Adapter will work with any older Nikon Lens, that does still have such a setting on the Lens or Fully Manual Third Party Lenses with Nikon Mount.
 Regards SSDs, those are sure nice to have, but are not required to use the Camera. SSD Memory is faster to save Footage to, for some File Formats even very dramatically faster, but you can also just use any SD Card (Some of the new and Extremely Big ones and some UHS-II ones might not be Compatible with the Camera, but almost any usual SD Card or Micro-SD with an Adapter Will work with no problems) you probably already own, or can buy a lot cheaper than an SSD (also more Compact).
 There is really nothing you would NEED a SSD for to use this Camera, it just makes Working with it faster, nothing else.
 So if you want to save yourself some money, and are willing to wait a bit longer for it to save Footage to Memory, you can use Standard SD-Cards as Storage. I would still Recommend to buy some high Quality Name Brand ones, if the Footage you Intend to capture is of Any Importance, as SD-Cards can fail, especially cheap bad Quality ones.
 So given you own Compatible SD-Card(-s) and any Compatible Nikon Lens or C-Mount Lens, and order the Camera with the Nikon Adapter Option (included in the Price Anyways), the Camera is actually Ready to use out of the Box with nothing additionally needed.

hutber

• View Profile

magicikea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2023, 06:49:06 PM »
Ahh ok, great. So its Lens > speed boaster > c-mount adaptor basically. Must more clear thank you!

Not Quite right. But almost.
 While you can kind of do that, and Adapters for that do in Fact exist:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeM7cTJuSm4
 https://rafcamera.com/adapter-mft-to-cs-mount
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxkxCpFMPfs
 I would Highly recommend to use A Interchangeable Mount for the Chronos like a MFT-Mount, as that is just way more Reliable, mechanically Stable and User-Friendly.
 Krontech offers one for sale, some users including me made their own Designs, and i also posted a bunch of Stuff on the Forum to either Build yourself one to 3D-Print (Parts for the Published Design are not available anymore, but you should be able to modify that to whatever Parts you can find on Ebay) or to Make a custom Spacer for the Metabones Speedbooster (posted in the Same Thread, but never finished Posting that one, only about half way done, will finish posting that, if anyone asks me to).
I'm also learning about MFT-Mount, really liking its clarity in every frame when recording. It's easy to see that this is a machine designed specifically for long-distance zoom. The information you share in the links is great