Author Topic: Is my software up to date?  (Read 6391 times)

lewisSPI

• View Profile
Is my software up to date?
« on: February 24, 2022, 01:32:47 AM »
Hi,

Please watch the videos linked (google drive) that explain clearly the problems I am having with my Chronos 2.1 high speed camera whilst recording in the segmented record mode and using a trigger signal to start each recording.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LbOIhK3m7d9QIlo9G44EvrGDy6nmWOz7?usp=sharing

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong or is there a known bug in the software? Or am I trying to use the camera for something it isn't really capable of doing?

I am hoping that I am just on an older version of software and I just need an update that will clear any of these bugs.

Many thanks  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 01:42:09 AM by lewisSPI »

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Is my software up to date?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 05:58:35 AM »
Latest version is 0.7.2, seems like you are using 0.7.1 still.
 Not sure, if that will fix the issues, or change anything about the problems you are having at all, but worth a try, and usually wouldnt hurt upgrading anyways.

lewisSPI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 12:15:42 AM »
Thank you Nikon...

Do you know of any other users that use the Chronos 2.1 in this way to record IRL timings? I'm starting to think I am using the camera for something it isn't really designed to do  :'(  :D

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 01:01:47 AM by lewisSPI »

clkdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 06:08:02 AM »
Hello, I can't tell why you have the problems with the configuration you are using, I also started digging into segmented mode etc. these days.

However there might be other approaches for you:

• You may sync the camera to a timer signal, then you have complete control when a frame starts, ends and how many frames are taken. I do this with an Arduino. That way one way also change frame rates dynamically, like so... And also record segments, of course.
  • You might also try to let the camera record all the time, but only if condition x is found at the IO triggers. I am not sure about that, but there might be a way...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:13:44 AM by clkdiv »