Author Topic: Speedbooster with Focus Ring  (Read 4361 times)

hutber

• View Profile
Speedbooster with Focus Ring
« on: February 24, 2022, 02:40:46 AM »
Hey guys, I have been looking at the Metabones Speed Booster Ultra - Nikon G to Micro Four Thirds and noticed it has its own focus ring. I am wondering, if my lens has its own focus ring and this has a manual one too. I would need to focus in 2 places to adjust my focus acordingly?

Or can you leave the speedbooster in infinity and then only adjust on the lens?

Thanks!

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Speedbooster with Focus Ring
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 05:46:39 AM »
Any rings on Speedboosters from Metabones are to adjust aperture of (like the Name of the Adapter Implies...) G-Style Nikon F-Mount Lenses, which do not have a Dedicated Aperture Ring, and rely on the Adapter or the Camera to Set the Aperture.
 To adjust the Focus of a Speedbooster, there is usually a small Screw somewhere near the Camera Side of the Adapter (MFT-Mount), which can be loosened to adjust the Optical element in the Speedbooster, at least for the Nikon-Versions of the Speedboosters.
 This Adjustment is however only recommended if you actually need to do that, and know what you are doing. Other Focus Adjustment on the Speedboosters is not Intended By Design.
 To learn more about G-Style Nikon Lenses, see:
 (under G- )
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikon_F-mount#Electromechanical_and_data_communication

hutber

• View Profile
Re: Speedbooster with Focus Ring
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 07:01:36 AM »
Ah thank you again my friend :) No end of support!

So that means I can get one :) Brilliant