Author Topic: Boot failure after OS update  (Read 6104 times)

lori610

• View Profile
Boot failure after OS update
« on: April 13, 2022, 02:01:21 PM »
Hi there!

I have a Chronos 1.4 with an old OS on it (0.3.x), so I have to update it manually.
I downloaded the latest release and followed the procedure explained here to flash an SD card.
But once I insert the card the camera just doesn't boot showing a black screen.

Did I miss something or is there another procedure I should follow?

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Boot failure after OS update
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 02:13:35 PM »
I talked about this exact topic very recently here, maybe check this out:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=755.0
 Otherwise, if the Boot Fails on a newly Flashed Card, just retry to Flash it, maybe even with a Fresh Download of the Firmware File, just to make sure the File you try to Flash with is not broken or something. If that still leads to the Same Result, try a new/ other SD-Card with the Same Capacity (not completely sure about Minimum Required Size, but i think 16 or 32GB is pretty much the Smallest ones you can get todays anyways...), because Micro-SD-Cards can and will sometimes just Fail, when you Flash a new Firmware or even in everyday use, even though its extremely rare, but can happen.
 If a new Flash on the Same Card with a Fresh Firmware File AND a new Flash on a New Card both will not work, its likely you have some other issue with the Camera, but i assume that should solve it (assuming you did nothing wrong with Flashing the Firmware, but what you linked is the Correct Procedure and somewhat hard to do wrong, so i think that should not be a Problem).

lori610

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 11:10:40 AM »
I tried with two brand new SD cards, but the problem persists.
The camera fails to boot after update.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2022, 12:29:18 AM »
in that case i would try to contact [email protected] about the issue, see what they say. But if urgent, you will usually get to them quicker, if you just give them a Call while their Business Hours:
 https://www.krontech.ca/contact-us
 Can sometimes take quite a bit until they answer mails for some Reason, but you usually reach them fairly well on the Phone, i heard.