Author Topic: Analog Input Functionality  (Read 5502 times)

lee7670

• View Profile
Analog Input Functionality
« on: June 02, 2022, 01:58:35 PM »
Are the Analog Inputs listed in the manual useable?
I would like to overlay a electrical waveform on my high speed video.

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Analog Input Functionality
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 02:08:31 PM »
The Audio Input is working (you also need to do Live-60fps Recording), but needs an Amplified Signal, a Straight Passive Microphone plugged in there will not do anything. Needs a Microphone with a Pre-Amp.
 You could now use the Audio Input to capture some kind of Signal, given you get the Voltage-Levels to somewhere where it has enough Resolution to still be useful for whatever you intend to do with it, but still low enough to not damage the Camera itself, Audio Levels Voltage.
 Limitations to the Resolution is obviously the Bitrate of the Audio that is Recorded, and you would also need to sync it (also slow it down to the Correct Playback Speed later on, so remember to somehow keep Track at whatever FPS you record your Stuff, so you know later) to the Actual Highspeed-Footate itself, as the Audio will ever just show up on the Live 60fps Footage Files, the Highspeed-Footage itself never has Audio.
 I dont know if any other kind of Analog input is working right now, have not tried that.

lee7670

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 02:20:28 PM »
I could probably do that, but it would be a lot more straightforward to use the ADC inputs that seem to be built into the camera without a whole bunch of amplification/buffering, especially if you could automatically overlay the data like you can timestamps and frame number.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 02:32:40 PM »
As i said, i have not tested them, and have not seen anyone talk about it here so far, except skronstein saying, they intend to make it work eventually, but dont know when:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=519.msg2880#msg2880
 Only way to find out, would be to actually test that, but you might be out of luck, and its not working yet.

adjoiningout

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 05:37:36 AM »
I could probably do that, but it would be a lot more straightforward to use the ADC inputs that seem to be built into the camera without a whole bunch of amplification/buffering, especially if you could automatically overlay the data like you can timestamps and frame number. slope game
Yeah I have the same issue. Have any updates?