Chronos > Software Dev

How the darkframe substraction procedure is implemented?

<< < (2/2)

kaklik:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on September 11, 2022, 04:42:00 AM ---Read a little more about these Cameras, seems like they (or at least some of them) are thermoelectrically cooled, and you can fully control Sensor Temperature?
 That is a Nice Feature, have to say.
 If you happen to own one of these, what kind of Sensor Temperature would you typically want to run these at?
 Also how much of an issue is Condensation, and if Condensation is Happening, what to do against it?

--- End quote ---

A will reply to private messages, to keep the focus on the actual topic there.

kaklik:

--- Quote from: Nikon1 on September 11, 2022, 04:10:02 AM ---
 Other Option would be to ask Krontech via their Support. I highly doubt that there is an option to just straight up turn off all Image Processing via the Camera GUI, but maybe there is some Quick Modification you can do to the Firmware via Console or something, like this Mod here:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=661.msg4585#msg4585
 That way, if it works, you could save yourself a bunch of actual Coding.

--- End quote ---

I had ask Kronech and hope they will reply in some time.  But there will be a huge help if there will be someone who knows where calibration data are stored in the camera and what neutral calibration data looks like. In that situation calibration files could be replaced by neutral, which effectively disables the image processing pipeline. (But unfortunately does not save the processing time, because the image processing happens, but does not modify the image)

Nikon1:
you could have a look through the Files yourself like this:
 https://forum.krontech.ca/index.php?topic=667.msg4484#msg4484
 The Calibration Data can be exported to a USB Drive, that should help find the Files or Files Alike on the SD-Card.

muringuets:
Following the discussion here, interesting points kaklik, I do astrophotography myself, never connected the dots on the calibration  the Chronos does...

I own a astro camera with built in cooling. It's simply a peltier, a temperature sensor, and some coding... oh and a good power supply, it usually takes 3 amps at 12V.

It would be awesome to have that kind of funcionality on the Chronos, but certainly at the cost of mobility, anyway it would be nice to have the feature, and be able to not use it while running on batteries...

Back to the post subject...

countkebab:
That kind of functionality on the Chronos would be wonderful, but it would likely come at the expense of portability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version