Author Topic: SSD is not detected in Storage tab  (Read 6589 times)

surdev

• View Profile
SSD is not detected in Storage tab
« on: September 28, 2023, 10:54:14 AM »
Hi, I am trying to connect a Sandisk 1 TB extreme portable to Chronos 2.1 but it is not showing up in the Storage tab. I have formatted the disk to FAT32. Is there a maximum limit in memory? In other words, is 1 TB not compatible with the camera? Also, I am using a USB A to connect to the eSATAp port. Should I use eSATA to USB cable or adapter?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 11:00:15 AM by surdev »

hummingbirdography

• View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: SSD is not detected in Storage tab
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 11:57:13 AM »
1TB storage is definitely supported. Personally I use a TeamGroup GX2 SATA 6gb/s drive with a 1TB FAT32 filesystem when saving RAW.

If you're sure the drive and cable you're using works fine, but it's still not listed under the USB/SATA Storage, I suspect the drive isn't receiving enough power from the Chronos. SuperSpeed USB 3 devices require slightly more power than what USB 2 offers (which I believe is what both the Chronos 2.1 and 1.4 have).

If your enclosure supports it, try supplying it power from something other than the Chronos.

Visualtec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 03:26:18 PM »
I had a similar problem and support sent me an firmware update that cured it. Maybe worth dropping them an email

surdev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 09:53:21 AM »
Thank you all. I will try both the solutions mentioned here. I appreciate your quick response.