Author Topic: Loosing settings when power lost.  (Read 6363 times)

JeffNickel

• View Profile
Loosing settings when power lost.
« on: November 03, 2022, 05:24:45 PM »
Hello,
If the battery dies do the settings in the camera get reset?  If I power down the camera it saves the settings. But are they saved if the battery gets to low or dies?

Asking for a friend..

Jeff

Nikon1

• View Profile
Re: Loosing settings when power lost.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 06:43:46 PM »
Depends on which battery you are talking about, The Chronos actually has two.
 The Rechargeable one, which i assume everyone would know about, and an Internal one which is not Rechargeable, that one is sitting Inside the Camera Housing on the Lens-Side of the Mainboard on the Bottom next to the IO-Ports.
 Not 100% certain of what that Battery is doing, but if it works any bit like a normal Computer, that little Battery is Likely responsible for keeping Time on an Clock, so the Thing Knows the Correct current Time and Date and takes care of some basic Settings not getting lost.
 So in your Case, it sounds a lot like that Battery Inside there on the Mainboard might have died. At least that would be where i would start looking, if i had that Problem you described. Though i really dont know if the Camera can loose recently Changed Settings from loss of Power, if the Internal Battery is still working fine. Pretty sure loss of Power happened to me more than once on that camera, but can not recall it loosing any Settings or fully Resetting anything (I have my UI on the Left side, and i really dislike having it on the Right, so its very noticeable if it had done so). I think the most telling Fact would be, if the Camera looses Time and Date Settings, that would be a very Clear Pointer to that Little Internal Battery.
 Not really Hard to replace/ check yourself, but if you are not comfortable, i am Pretty sure Krontech would also be able to replace it for you.
 See Image for Location of the Internal Battery.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:52:34 AM by Nikon1 »

JeffNickel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 09:09:39 AM »
Nikon1,
This setting scrambling seems to primarily affect the record length and trigger settings when connected via the network interface and seems to default to the maximum length possible based on storage capacity. This throws the pre-post trigger times out of wack also.

I am running my 2.1 under water via the network connection.  Once the record length gets reset to some maximum I cannot change it back to my 5 second preference.  Do you know of a way to set Record Length via the network interface?

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2022, 09:11:21 AM »
currently busy, but will try to look into it, cant promise anything right now however.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 01:05:33 PM »
Cant Reply in the Other Thread, just getting Error 403 Forbidden over and Over again for whatever reason, so here What i Tried to post there:

Just had a quick look at it, and from all i could tell, on the current Firmware the Web GUI is missing the Option to set Record Length.
 No idea if it is planed to be added in the Future, but you could post this on the Thread of the Current Firmware.
 To change it without Physical Access to the Camera via Network only, this should be possible to Change via the Network API.
 Have a Read through the API Documentation yourself (Accessible via the Web GUI > Documentation), just a Small Screenshot here.
 I am no Programmer and am certainly not able to change it myself without some fair bit of Research, but seems not too difficult to figure out, if you actually need to use it, like you do.
 From what i understand, changing Record Length as well as Trigger Timings and Record Mode should be very possible and easy with the API.
 If you use the same Delay and Record Length everytime, you should probably be able to just write up some kind of Command, and reuse that every time it looses these Settings.
 Really never used the API myself, so if I am Wrong in any Capacity, someone who actually knows what he is talking about correct me here.

Nikon1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 01:10:39 PM »
So eventually managed to post this.
 Tried in the Other Thread, but also didnt work, eventually got it to work here.
 Seems like you cant have

Code: [Select]
-
 next to

Code: [Select]
>
 Website somehow REALLY doesnt like that?
 Tried to make an Text Arrow pointing to "Documentation"...

JeffNickel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 01:40:07 PM »
Nikin1,
Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm not much of a programmer either but you understand what we'd like to have added to the API.

I'll try contacting Krontech directly.

Cheers.
Jeff